How to get a new cooker from your wife without asking

I can't believe I'm even writing this. Guys, we need to grow a pair and man up. If you look in your wife's closet, she has thousands and thousands of dollars in shoes, dresses, outfits, purses, etc. and I'm promising you she never once asked you if she could buy one of them. Not once! Yet you guys willingly give her veto power because you've been lead to believe that that is what you do. Who set that rule in concrete? Who said you suffer the death of a thousand cuts and she gets veto power? Does the dollar magnitude matter? Not one bit to your wife. She just says no and you suffer willingly every pair of shoes, a handbag here, an new outfit there.

Yeah, I know, all that crap was on sale and she saved 35% and it was something she really needed. Bull butter! She never asked you a single time and yet you become the most duplicitous SOB on the planet just to finally get something close to what you really want. Give me a break!

You really want to get a great cooker and shock the heck out of your wife? Start looking at a Komodo Kamado 42" Super Big Bad kamado. Those bad boys begin at something like $10,000 or so. She'll think $3K for a Yoder 640 is an absolute steal!

Of course, this advice is brought to you by a twice divorced white male who has been single for the past 22+ years! :-D. At this point in my life a long term relationship is a 3 day weekend! Use this advice at your own peril.

Well, you've proved that some of us can pick'um, and some can't.:-D

I, sadly, get nagged. "When are you going to buy a new grill?". She'd love it if I were to leave hints!

Last edited:
Let's not judge each other's situation too harshly guys. I'm a lucky guy to be honest, my wife lets me pretty much buy all the toys I want. I do however still give her a heads up and get her educated on why I'm making a purchase. We have separate accounts with one joint savings that we toss money in for vacations. Our response when we each want to buy stuff is always "It's your money, spend it how you wish as long as you're taking care of your bills and not racking up debt". I personally like our arrangement, and it helps ease my mind when I'm making big purchases knowing she's on board.

Do what I did. Wait until she goes on vacation and order the WSCG. Make sure you use it a lot before she comes home so you can tell her that they won't take it back since it is so used. Worked for me... YMMV...

:mrgreen:

Back