MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #76
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Nice and Mean! Dude seriously looked like he needed something to drink.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 09-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #77
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfinger View Post
Hey Mike,
I just watched the video, looks like your off to a great start with the rub you created. I still have not opened my package of death dust since Im the only one in my home that likes spicy like that. I think IM going to wait for my son-inlaw to show up and cook wings with it like you did. One question for you Mike. Would you cook them wings any different on an old Kaman smoker?
I am not sure what a Kaman smoker is but I would imagine you could. I cooked some wings last night on a UDS and they came out great. The two things you need to be able to do is smoke low for an hour or so and then crank the heat up to get the skin done. If your cooker can go from low to hot fairly quickly or if you have another grill to finish the wings then you should be fine.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=117096
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 09-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #78
kcmike
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv3ctiv3 View Post
I just made an order from you Mike but couldn't order the HDD :( Let me know when it's available!
I'll shoot you a PM on how to pre-order before Oct 1st.

Thanks!
Mike

[URL="https://www.oakridgebbq.com"][B][U][SIZE="3"]~ Visit Oakridge BBQ ~[/SIZE][/U][/B][/URL]

Ole Hickory CTO
26½" Weber Kettle
kcmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #79
kcmike
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfinger View Post
Hey Mike,
I just watched the video, looks like your off to a great start with the rub you created. I still have not opened my package of death dust since Im the only one in my home that likes spicy like that. I think IM going to wait for my son-inlaw to show up and cook wings with it like you did. One question for you Mike. Would you cook them wings any different on an old Kaman smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
I am not sure what a Kaman smoker is but I would imagine you could. I cooked some wings last night on a UDS and they came out great. The two things you need to be able to do is smoke low for an hour or so and then crank the heat up to get the skin done. If your cooker can go from low to hot fairly quickly or if you have another grill to finish the wings then you should be fine.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=117096
Not sure about the Kaman smoker either, but Brad nailed it in his reply. Just follow the recipe and then smoke them for 1 hour at around 225º, then ramp up your smoker (or move them to a grill) and finish them with high heat.

Thanks!
Mike

[URL="https://www.oakridgebbq.com"][B][U][SIZE="3"]~ Visit Oakridge BBQ ~[/SIZE][/U][/B][/URL]

Ole Hickory CTO
26½" Weber Kettle

Old 09-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #80
gsmith
Full Fledged Farker

Can I get some info on ordering the death dust? I want to order some of the venison rub and would like to add the dust to my order.

Thanks.
gsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #81
1FUNVET
Babbling Farker

If the initial run of 150 is gone( which it looks like the Brethern are gonna get it all)will you be making more?
1FUNVET is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #82
kcmike
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith View Post
Can I get some info on ordering the death dust? I want to order some of the venison rub and would like to add the dust to my order.

Thanks.
PM sent...

Ole Hickory CTO
26½" Weber Kettle

Old 09-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #83
kcmike
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FUNVET View Post
If the initial run of 150 is gone( which it looks like the Brethern are gonna get it all)will you be making more?
Well.... I've been noodling that one over... I never in my wildest dreams imagined that we'd sell out before October 1st. However, we're within 20 packs or so from running out! I guess I underestimated the number of closet chile-heads here on the Brethren...

We'll clearly have to do something, because I can't release a new rub to the world on October 1, with only 3 bags to sell....

So, we'll probably do a second batch and specify Batch #2 on the back label, that way it retains its limited production special edition characteristics.

Ole Hickory CTO
26½" Weber Kettle

Thanks from: --->
Old 09-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #84
deguerre

As good as your stuff is and you were surprised to sell out before the release date on this website?
PuhLEASE!

If there is a second run we might get more and if we miss out, we'll (Redhot and I) will most assuredly be ordering some of your other rubs. Well, we're gonna do that anyway after sampling the Death Rub.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog

Old 09-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #85
colonel00

Please keep us informed about a second run. I am leaving town but will definitely be interested when I return. I don't think the two packs I got will even last me through the fall.

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #86
kcmike
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatioDaddio View Post
I took delivery of #18 today. On tap tonight: Homemade Habanero and Bacon Sausage. I'll be using spare rib trimmings, a little pork sirloin and uncured center-cut bacon.

Oh, and the Death Dust, of course.

John
Hey John, I'm sure I speak for just about everyone else, I'm dying to see/read about your Homeade Habanero and Bacon Sausage!!!

Come on, Brother! Let's see it!

Ole Hickory CTO
26½" Weber Kettle

Old 09-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #87
colonel00

^^^ +1 on that for sure

Here is another idea I plan to try out soon....Death Dust Chex Party Mix. Should be pretty simple and I have a feeling it will be a hit.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #88
kcmike
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
^^^ +1 on that for sure

Here is another idea I plan to try out soon....Death Dust Chex Party Mix. Should be pretty simple and I have a feeling it will be a hit.
Oh, Snap! That sounds awesome!

Some other off-the-wall ideas...

French Fries
Onion Rings
Corn on the cob
Potato chips
Scrambled eggs
Biscuits & Gravy
etc, etc, etc...

Ole Hickory CTO
26½" Weber Kettle

Old 09-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #89
deguerre

I'm thinking it'll be AWESOME on sweet taters with butter AND on sweet tater fries too...

Ooooo! Shrimp n grits!

Old 09-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #90
Groundhog66
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Tim

PM sent for some, hope I'm not too late
SM BGE
Weber 26" & JJ
Blackstone 36" & 22"
Brick Santa Maria Pit
Groundhog66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags