• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Griddles, which one and what are you doing with them

raycollazo

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've been eye balling the Blackstone griddles, they seem to be all over now and I feel it could be a good addition. I'm a fan of quality, and have heard mixed reviews on the Blackstones. Are there higher quality ones out there, which ones. Also what are some of the things y'all are doing with them?

Appreciate your input.

I have the 36" SS Blackstone and love it. I do about everything on it. Currently the family favorite is create your own stir fry on the Blackstone.

Likely not what you're looking for, but I picked up a griddle for my Camp Chef 2 burner. Allows me enough space for the versatility of the griddle, with the added bonus of breakfast for 3 as well as canning. Canning was my initial push to buy the 2 burner stove, but the griddle and grill accessories have been utilized more. YMMV.

Love my Blackstone! We cook everything on it.
But....If I were to do it again, I'd get the Blue Rhino one with the drain cut into the top and the fold out shelves/cover.

This is exactly why I made this thread, I knew there had to be options out there. The Blue Rhino does look like it's worth a look and I never even knew it existed... I like the grease removal but I like the way it folds away!

I have the Blue Rhino (Lowes caries them) and love it. I do think that the rear grease channel on the BS is a better design, it wastes no cooking surface, but I went with the Rhino because of the side shelves also serving as a rain proof cover. My unit lives outside completely exposed and that cover really works. Tradeoffs, always tradeoffs...

People here who have the big Camp Chef seem to swear by it also.

Recently bought the Camp Chef for my stainless Camp Chef two burner stove. Only used it a few times but I can tell it's a great addition. Did not want another free standing unit on the patio. The griddle weighs in at some 38 lb.; very heavy duty.

I have the 4 burner Blackstone and like it a lot. Today, I would seriously consider the Camp Chef option as I think it is a bit better in terms of construction.

At the time, I got my Blackstone for $250 so the extra for the Camp Chef just wasn't worth it at the time.

In terms of use, it is capable of really large volume production if you need it for large family gatherings or reasonable size parties.

What can you do with it? Anything you can do in a skillet or on a griddle for starters. Breakfast for 50? Sure. Grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch or the little league team? Sure. Bacon Cheese Burgers for the football team? Sure. Let your imagination run wild! :razz:

Well, I have the BS 36 SS and have no major complaints. Tough to keep properly seasoned as I live close enough to the Pacific that I get Fog/High Humidity 99% of the time. Rust is a constant challenge.

What have I done with it? Gained weight.....:oops:

(Of course, I say that about any new cooking toy/method I get/try :mrgreen:)

There are lots of videos on YouTube you can check out. Blackstone even has their own channel with recipes and Technical information. But no matter which griddle you decide to go with just make sure you get a decent set of spatulas and scraper to clean it with when you're done, and don't forget to have some paper towels handy, you'll need them.

There are lots of videos on YouTube you can check out. Blackstone even has their own channel with recipes and Technical information. But no matter which griddle you decide to go with just make sure you get a decent set of spatulas and scraper to clean it with when you're done, and don't forget to have some paper towels handy, you'll need them.

I recently ordered a full set of Spatulas and scrapers, should arrive tomorrow from Amazon... ! Thanks

I have a 28 inch Blackstone and love it. Yesterday I cooked breakfast outside. Today was smash burgers for lunch.
I have accumulated a lot of spatulas and other tools because people know I cook on grills and the griddle a lot. Easy idea for birthdays and Christmas but I'm getting overwhelmed. One of my favorite griddle tools is a 4 or 6 inch drywall knife from Harbor Freight. Stainless steel blade and nonslip handle and cheap for a whole set.

Any of you tap into your inner Hibachi chef and cook the whole meal on the blackstone?
Can one be used for that type of cooking?
Bonus points for onion volcano and shrimp toss and catch to family members watching.

Any of you tap into your inner Hibachi chef and cook the whole meal on the blackstone?
Can one be used for that type of cooking?
Bonus points for onion volcano and shrimp toss and catch to family members watching.

I was thinking the same thing!...i own a few dozen japanese steel knives...(my other obsession is knife sharpening).... but i was thinking of the onion volcano! :)

Blackstone at home and camp chef 60 with griddle top accessory for camping. The camp chef is more versatile for camping in my eyes.

BS 36 owner here with the rear grease drain.
Love it.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the big 3, BS, Camp Chef or Blue Rhino.
Some of our favorites are smash burgers, fried fish, stir fry and big honking breakfasts.
I'm working on my Japanese style rolled omelet technique currently.

Does anyone have a griddle that they use over a traditiional gass bbq? I recently moved into a house with a built in gasser, that would be an actual use for an expensive cooker that never gets used.

Does anyone have a griddle that they use over a traditiional gass bbq? I recently moved into a house with a built in gasser, that would be an actual use for an expensive cooker that never gets used.

Someone else can probably chime in too, but I know Camp Chef has 1, 2, and 3 burner griddle tops. My 1 burner griddle is roughly 15" deep and 16" wide. Ish. Fuzzy numbers.

Could I use more space? Yep. Do I need it all the time? Nope. Perfect solution in my situation.

My griddle top just sits on the racks of the burners, so I'm sure this type would work, depending on dimensions.

QXPIu5hkHbUnahys994vu9pD2WXwG4FKySWHng-RsBgwUeliyZ-JZsxWu79uYpEEcQ_c68UFygDLyMfL6DkiMOCdEFM3BRfsKwjh-UECoGN_br8ihpe-6OvEY8PQFKqUp35jFP98C9Zt3p-RZb8UDV3ItWVDup9DZWGVTq_m96F9aXQ3ZcZAoyNLWqhWqReY3RgFG6OgD-NPhaHgZthhxjhdcOKEo_Pzcwe7y1oMYJgX6o9vMWKlEpJkoAH1IPgcqqSNjxMVriXEdqdqDw5CF_2W5TybyyZLGC9QCNGm6R-6wBiIwr9GG30CU6_Gr6srT2eWb_oV2Gv8q4n61vMxDRGcRq2u6T6K2tuYeztSuVtfyOSOjSmLxOD4oJTX9pSCDVtXoeTM2YlGx9pECtGBNytlX2TfveKCLwfhUkxhnbh1N-QrLR-1MZbbee8Vltx4OM0iLA1LGOEHoOJIrB6GkaIyrNupsZKYx8xOr8VG0IslwCmGSOunbdqT6aeNTVV0vORSmWtS1PQHv0aBB_GEv2GYdoUu8f3aOHNSRW22m2Pzl3xnBoozBHVEMFEIcc5up0zV_GjSDbcYTN1mz8RZ9eCFSVVgutNonOSe9ReeamkOjS4Ng4gh4PaY-cXRDMurYMFTkB6TTogB4jL5fkQAhg-xKto61tbHXtIR7fautQ5_p_dPQHMU5cU=w1560-h878-no

vRJ3l32zyD0Rx6orS2iAf4JsFhW2RP0suIaoSJUBcZXwLlXasynk-trLguyiq61GBWA5h7xqLf6wNEckkSVSizLOg5Yld1jQDwgWIvH9lKLWDA0IcqlcHCJOkbQTeLFv_rl-CNEK1Iqj81P60yKrMXVa3FFnpjYohZhaujAKSObMpv6Q2on91HF7x-eRclIDyy3xgvRbSJvfJhlr4MzG0veAGgVFmZtEGQK1Ih0LBgxC07xrFMVjOsByAnuxSJBoP6yyyP86dpOrhNPvxPJIfdHEi1zLu5zZ21xznASQqfqMqGfvhvrnmBOezyNKcM6g6CCPzZAiZoX4hLTpGof4ctW9gdPxNwPFXxhRULVsJOJ2IrPGyWp4LOAAMn7XevsvHfnK2L9jYJo37o5KLLPtyqTsEtPeDNftOor3M96iJXrzV1Oz6eGt-ZlV6pmEYrCB2AAWsNBTE_kiisIsyzA-y9eFgDXxtzhWeNN8qgBLyY5ReLjwatMqaNeTGVKgtMzVXHOXHitDQshLOxQp3jOOjOhhEk_AWVHZJOOmuGcnBYFh14eGws_OaCgpvTPyDxJHmh1RZbE7fW_AuLKDmNaztq8MW2tWTFKIEFxuUsaYUuMpUFwGgTofmdkwIPapS9i6qKcpYhd3C5GjLPq_R3r4rU2aoczIWcdhPnMz72zO_eS5XKVSxY5HbUE=w1560-h878-no

Unless you have some type of hood exhaust I would never use a Blackstone indoors, even if it's being used in a garage. I opened up all three garage doors, the rear service door, and both side windows to make sure that the garage was fully vented and made some Smash Burgers. The next time I drove my car I noticed a haze on the windshield, turns out a residue had lightly coated pretty much everything in the entire garage. Of course it is possible to use a Blackstone indoors, but I sure wouldn't recommend it. But what I would recommend is using an apron and if you wear glasses have some eyeglass cleaner wipes available after you're done because every time I get through my glasses are all hazed over with an oily film.

Back