MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:36 AM   #31
BeardedBassGuy
Full Fledged Farker

BeardedBassGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2018, 08:06 AM   #32
JimmyR1Rider
is one Smokin' Farker

From a copycat builder lol.

How's your for gofundme going? Your little buddy was comical how he came at me after I posted how I felt. The company you keep says a lot about you as well.

Sorry about the language moderators. This was one of his admin in his smoker group. Classy bunch.

Last edited by JimmyR1Rider; 01-11-2018 at 08:19 AM..
JimmyR1Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2018, 08:07 AM   #33
SmittyJonz
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Rite View Post

And yes I will not only threaten to sue, but will follow through with a lawsuit on anyone that posts a half ass concocted story for slander or whatever else I can! This is my livelihood, the way I support my family and I will protect it no matter what I have to do!
I’m guessing you’ll use the next Unsuspecting Sucker’s deposit to fund said lawsuit against previous victims. ?

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-11-2018, 08:26 AM   #34
cfrazier77
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Craig

Just a quick time out on this. The "Built Right" account that posted was created on the 8th and made its first post. How do we know this is actually him? The post was horrible, it could have been made by someone else to make them look bad. I have seen people do worse. It probably is him, but it may not be.

By the way, the BBB rates Built Right at D+ so I am not going to order one just from that.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:30 AM   #35
JimmyR1Rider
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrazier77 View Post
Just a quick time out on this. The "Built Right" account that posted was created on the 8th and made its first post. How do we know this is actually him? The post was horrible, it could have been made by someone else to make them look bad. I have seen people do worse. It probably is him, but it may not be.

By the way, the BBB rates Built Right at D+ so I am not going to order one just from that.
With the way his buddy admins from his Facebook group attack people for expressing concern on matters to do with money im more than comfortable saying one of them are a members here and reported this thread to him. Hence the January 8th join date.

JMO

Old 01-11-2018, 08:35 AM   #36
JimmyR1Rider
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by timborees View Post
I have bought three.... Waiting to receive them, but very happy with the process.
You ordered 3 off the bat? Man I hope he comes through and you actually like them.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:38 AM   #37
Mikhail
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mik

If the guy truly has fallen on hard times then the best tool in his box is communication. Most people will work with you to the ends of the earth IF and ONLY if they perceive that you are earnestly trying to make things right. What could he have, 10, 20 orders outstanding? How long would it take him to call each of these people once a week or month with an update?

In the absence of communication the only thing a customer can do is assume bad intent.

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-11-2018, 08:48 AM   #38
bigpernz
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Everyone can assume they know me or my business, or get on these forums and post whatever they want. One posts something somewhere then like a rumor it grows and stuff gets added here and added there. The next you know I'm living in Mexico drinking tequila watching Senioritas dance while I'm counting all the money I supposedly stole. Well guess what..... it's all BS! Never stole a dime from anyone! I work hard for what I have building very good smokers at a very affordable price! Am I behind? YEP AND I'VE BEEN PRETTY DAMN OPEN ABOUT THAT! SO POST ALL YOUR BS HOW I'M DOING THIS OR I'M DOING THAT I'LL BE OUT HERE IN THE STICKS OF SOUTH GEORGIA MINDING MY OWN DAMN BUSINESS BUILDING SMOKERS OUTSIDE BETTER THAN MOST GUYS BUILD IN THEIR FANCY SHOPS! YOU WANT TO CRITICIZE ME OR TALK ABOUT ME ON FORUMS, HOW ABOUT YOU QUIT ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF WOMEN SPREADING GOSSIP AT THE HAIR SALON! YOU WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES YOU WOULD DEFINITELY HAVE A DIFFERENT STORY!

And yes I will not only threaten to sue, but will follow through with a lawsuit on anyone that posts a half ass concocted story for slander or whatever else I can! This is my livelihood, the way I support my family and I will protect it no matter what I have to do!

Now you want to talk and try and stop me from building smokers and doing what I love. Go ahead but it will be a cold day in hell before you can ever make me give up! I'm here to stay and will be bigger and better than ever, so all the "Big Companies" better watch out I'm coming to give you a run for your money. And remember....

IF IT AIN'T BUILT RITE.... IT'S BUILT WRONG!
PEACE!
And this year's award for the worst way to handle the situation goes to....

Old 01-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #39
Built Rite
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Maybe I said somethings I shouldn't have yesterday. But I was pretty mad. I'm not perfect by any means, but am also FAR from a thief! Brian will get his smoker or refund which ever he prefers.
I was very defensive because I'm a very small company, I had 5 employees and took a bunch of orders based on the employees I had. Well 2 months later it was me and 1 welder so I found myself in a bind and panicked. Instead of contacting customers explaining what was going on i chose to not answer messages or tell them it wouldn't be long now. Yes it was the wrong thing to do and I'm paying for it now, but it was a valuable lesson I needed to learn. So for that I apologize. For standing my ground and trying to defend my livelihood I don't. But I will apologize for over reacting yesterday and saying more than I should. I will continue to do the best i can and will continue to grow my business and learn as I go. So now for those that choose not to ever order from me I accept that I brought it on myself. But hopefully most can look past my mistake and be supportive as I learn to deal with things better.

Last edited by Built Rite; 01-11-2018 at 03:51 PM..
Built Rite is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #40
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Maybe I said somethings I shouldn't have yesterday. But I was pretty mad. I'm not perfect by any means, but am also FAR from a thief! Brian will get his smoker or refund which ever he prefers.
I was very defensive because I'm a very small company, I had 5 employees and took a bunch of orders based on the employees I had. Well 2 months later it was me and 1 welder so I found myself in a bind and panicked. Instead of contacting customers explaining what was going on i chose to not answer messages or tell them it wouldn't be long now. Yes it was the wrong thing to do and I'm paying for it now, but it was a valuable lesson I needed to learn. So for that I apologize. For standing my ground and trying to defend my livelihood I don't. But I will apologize for over reacting yesterday and saying more than I should. I will continue to do the best i can and will continue to grow my business and learn as I go. So now for those that choose not to ever order from me I accept that I brought it on myself. But hopefully most can look past my mistake and be supportive as I learn to deal with things better.
i know that was not easy to admit. i know of another guy who did the same but he never admitted to anyone except to me that he was in this situation. he never let his customers know the situation. i feel that if you are honest with them, as you probably already know, some will be pissed but most will understand. as you have found out we protect our brethren first but i know that many will forgive if you make it right. good luck brother and i hope you get it right and continue to grow your business. like i said earlier...if Brian reports that he received his cooker that will help a lot.
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #41
medic92
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

Quote:
Everyone can assume they know me or my business, or get on these forums and post whatever they want. One posts something somewhere then like a rumor it grows and stuff gets added here and added there. The next you know I'm living in Mexico drinking tequila watching Senioritas dance while I'm counting all the money I supposedly stole. Well guess what..... it's all BS! Never stole a dime from anyone! I work hard for what I have building very good smokers at a very affordable price! Am I behind? YEP AND I'VE BEEN PRETTY DAMN OPEN ABOUT THAT! SO POST ALL YOUR BS HOW I'M DOING THIS OR I'M DOING THAT I'LL BE OUT HERE IN THE STICKS OF SOUTH GEORGIA MINDING MY OWN DAMN BUSINESS BUILDING SMOKERS OUTSIDE BETTER THAN MOST GUYS BUILD IN THEIR FANCY SHOPS! YOU WANT TO CRITICIZE ME OR TALK ABOUT ME ON FORUMS, HOW ABOUT YOU QUIT ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF WOMEN SPREADING GOSSIP AT THE HAIR SALON! YOU WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES YOU WOULD DEFINITELY HAVE A DIFFERENT STORY!

Now you want to talk and try and stop me from building smokers and doing what I love. Go ahead but it will be a cold day in hell before you can ever make me give up! I'm here to stay and will be bigger and better than ever, so all the "Big Companies" better watch out I'm coming to give you a run for your money. And remember....

IF IT AIN'T BUILT RITE.... IT'S BUILT WRONG!
PEACE!
If nothing else I guess we can admire your passion...Communication skills could use a little work though. Hopefully your welds aren't this rough around the edges.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:12 PM   #42
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJonz View Post
Yes, When is he getting his Smoker.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
i know that was not easy to admit. i know of another guy who did the same but he never admitted to anyone except to me that he was in this situation. he never let his customers know the situation. i feel that if you are honest with them, as you probably already know, some will be pissed but most will understand. as you have found out we protect our brethren first but i know that many will forgive if you make it right. good luck brother and i hope you get it right and continue to grow your business. like i said earlier...if Brian reports that he received his cooker that will help a lot.
Not sure that he will, but he will either get his smoker or refund. I'm not in business to rip people off and ruin my business. And I can't control what other people have messaged others. I know that I have been through a lot this year and the go fund me page was set up by a customer and we are very thankful. But I did not send that message so that should not pertain to me. And I try and not copy others designs. I try and do the best i can, I have a good business and will do my best to keep it that way.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:14 PM   #43
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92 View Post
If nothing else I guess we can admire your passion...Communication skills could use a little work though. Hopefully your welds aren't this rough around the edges.
I can promise you that are not, but yes I do not communicate as well as I should and when I seen this I flew off the handle and said things I shouldn't have. My apologies

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-11-2018, 04:32 PM   #44
medic92
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

Quote:
I can promise you that are not, but yes I do not communicate as well as I should and when I seen this I flew off the handle and said things I shouldn't have. My apologies
No reason to apologize to me, I don't have any skin in the game. I just like to put comments up just for the sake of commenting. Or stirring the pot. Or finding a little humor in a situation. Or I'm just really bored. I should stop now. Really.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:28 PM   #45
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR1Rider View Post
You ordered 3 off the bat? Man I hope he comes through and you actually like them.
He's had them for quite a while. Shipped them all the way to Australia

Tags
built right, built rite, built rite cookers, built rite smokers, builtrite, Donnie Boston, ripoff artist