Brisket & Tatoe Pie

That is really innovative, simple concept but so original! I'm so stealing this this idea, another great way to use up extra brisket.

Thanks
Greg

Count me in as another recipe thief (er, borrower) also! I would have never thought of using hashbrowns as a crust, but that's why we have you, to be our creative conscience and share these ideas with us all. Thanks!!!

She did it... AGAIN!

Thanks Jeff! :-D

Fabulous!! I'm going to try that tater crust for sure.
Thank you JB! Keep me posted if you get the time to make one!:-D

That is really innovative, simple concept but so original! I'm so stealing this this idea, another great way to use up extra brisket.

Thanks
Greg
Thanks Greg! It's a handy way to use up smoked meats. Hope you have great luck with it! :-D

Count me in as another recipe thief (er, borrower) also! I would have never thought of using hashbrowns as a crust, but that's why we have you, to be our creative conscience and share these ideas with us all. Thanks!!!

lol Thanks Ron! Very kind of you! :-D

Hey Jeanie! Killer-b pie approach! I just dug a #8 Griswold CI out of my 92 year old Dad’s cupboard that likely hasn’t been cooked in since the 70’s. Excited to rehab it and couldn’t think of a better inaugural cook than a brisket pie like yours!

Do you put any kind of fat down under the shredded taters? Bacon grease or sweet lard by chance? Thought maybe the bacon lattice drippings would keep the pie happy, but love the idea of a crispy crust of taters...

Outstanding. I like those beef cheeks to. Even got my wife to like them

Thanks George! Glad to hear you and your Mrs. are beef cheek fans too! :-D

Hey Jeanie! Killer-b pie approach! I just dug a #8 Griswold CI out of my 92 year old Dad’s cupboard that likely hasn’t been cooked in since the 70’s. Excited to rehab it and couldn’t think of a better inaugural cook than a brisket pie like yours!

Do you put any kind of fat down under the shredded taters? Bacon grease or sweet lard by chance? Thought maybe the bacon lattice drippings would keep the pie happy, but love the idea of a crispy crust of taters...

Great find! Sounds like a really nice skillet! :-D
I don't put anything in the bottom of the pan. My cast iron is fairly slick, non stick. The bacon drippings from the lattice are enough.
I don't build a full weave with the bacon, more of a lattice, using less bacon, so there isn't as much fat.
Also, drums usually cook around 25 degrees higher in the center than the outer edges. The pie gets nice and crispy on the bottom due to the higher heat. (I do not use a diffuser.)
Hope this works out well for you! Keep me posted! :grin:
Thanks

Another winner Jeanie, I would definitely choose that over plain old brisket.

Another winner Jeanie, I would definitely choose that over plain old brisket.

Thanks Bill! Sometimes brisket gets boring. It's nice to use it in different dishes. :grin:

Thanks again Jeanie. I have used this plan many times since I first saw it. Beef, pork, poultry, or scrambled eggs...The tater crust with the bacon topper just works with anything...:thumb:

Thanks again Jeanie. I have used this plan many times since I first saw it. Beef, pork, poultry, or scrambled eggs...The tater crust with the bacon topper just works with anything...:thumb:

Thanks Craig and you're sure welcome. Glad to hear you're still making these!
Hope you are having a nice week! :-D

You're meat and tater pies are top notch Neighbor. Looks killer as always.

Back