• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

"Stuffed!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Nov 4th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new Throwdown category is...

"Stuffed!"

19714484352_6085e67ebb_b.jpg

This was DerHusker's entry in the 2015 "Stuffed" Throwdown

As chosen by sudsandwine for winning the "Beer & Sausagefest" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

sudsandswine said:
As far as next category goes, I looked through the past year of TD's and it seems like most of the common themes have been generally covered. What about "stuffed"? Something stuffed into something else and grilled/smoked?

Thanks!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/18 through Monday 11/4.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 11/4.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
So, you could do a sausage if you were so inclined, right?

Doesn't seem in line with what I interpret as the spirit of the category, but technically seems like it would fit.

So, you could do a sausage if you were so inclined, right?

Doesn't seem in line with what I interpret as the spirit of the category, but technically seems like it would fit.

Technically, you're probably correct, but a sausage might be a lazy way to approach this due to the fact that a sausage casing is simply a membrane that holds meat together. I don't think of sausage casing as a stand-alone edible item.

I would be looking at commonly edible food items as the encasement for the stuffing. These could include vegetables, meats, poultry, fish, pastry or dough, etc.

Here they are.... My favorite stuffed ANYTHING: "Insied-out Bacon & Bleu Buffalo Wing Pops"

Simple ingredients: Wing flats (Frenched, turned inside-out on the Ulna bone and the Radius bone removed creating a pocket on the end of the Ulna), bacon, bleu cheese and your favorite rub and wing sauce.

Mix the Bacon and Bleu Cheese and a little bit of the wing sauce:

Stuff the mixture into the pocket on the end of the bone, place in your smoker at about 175 for about an hour, dip the pocket in wing sauce and serve.

Here's the money shot:

Chicken breast brined, sliced Hasselback style, rubbed with oil and fajita seasoning, stuffed with onions/peppers then eventually covered with cheese. No pics of that. All I have is the in-cooking-progress shot. Please use this one.

Please use this pic as my official entry into the "Stuffed Throwdown"

Pork tenderloin stuffed with home made sausage, extra sharp cheddar and chopped green chiles and wrapped in bacon.

Jalepeno Stuffed with extra sharp cheddar and wrapped in bacon.

Soft boiled egg wrapped in home made sausage. (Scotch Egg?)

All of the above was heavily sprinkled with my not so famous Murf's Magic West Texas Desert Dust and smoked in my really ugly drum.

Attachments

• IMG_20191020_201916.jpg
    IMG_20191020_201916.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 662
Thread here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4239934#post4239934

Chicken Thighs

Jalapeño stuffed with maple sausage link
Wrapped with provolone
Rub
Wrapped in chicken thigh
Wrapped in bacon
Glazed with mustard sauce

Moinks:
Ground beef meatball stuffed with Monterey Jack wrapped with bacon
Glazed in Korean BBQ sauce

Please accept this as my official entry:
1FdGNIah.jpg

I've really slacked in the cooking department lately and won't even be able to participate in my own TD selection :oops:

Back