MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-20-2019, 09:44 AM   #16
mcyork28
Babbling Farker

My Tejas 20x40 offset. Was simply built and performed well.
Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe

Passed on to a new home
Tejas 2040 Deluxe
Humphrey's Long Weekender
mcyork28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 10-20-2019, 09:45 AM   #17
bgross88
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : B

My first car...1966 Mustang....289 V8...Blue/White Pony Interior.

Old 10-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #18
BuffettFan
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Terry

1965 Chevelle SS, 1969 Chevelle, 1970 Buick GS, 1986 Ninja ZX1000R.
I've got more cookers and smokers now than I've ever had.
Wonder if this forum has anything to do with that?

Old 10-20-2019, 10:30 AM   #19
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

Traded my blackstone griddle for some new tires for my vehicle... I don't regret selling it.. as I never used it.. But I sure as hell do regret not using it as much as I should! But... on the bright side of things... I'll be getting a 28" soon! After a few uses I felt the 36" was just to much for me.. I don't need that much cooking surface

Old 10-20-2019, 01:11 PM   #20
WBDubya
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Bryan

1948 MGTC - My family had this one, torn apart and rebuilt twice. After my Dad’s third marriage and subsequent moves too many parts were missing and at the time I didn’t have money to fix it up.
1967 Mustang 6 cylinder. Always thought I would replace with a 289 but never did.
1974 MGB - Got tired of not having any space, traded for a ‘73 Volvo Wagon - what the hell was I thinking?

Old 10-21-2019, 07:49 AM   #21
CBO2126
Got Wood.

My Shirley

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-21-2019, 10:33 AM   #22
raycollazo
Knows what a fatty is.

My custom grill from 275# oil tank AKA Godzilla. Awesome capacity, and the absolute greatest pig cooker.... just recently scored a new tank and am taking it on as a winter project... the Return of Godzilla
raycollazo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2019, 11:37 PM   #23
bbqwizard
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Phillip

These are all great answers....

Which now begs the question. Would you realistically buy them again if you could? I think I would. Well, at least some things. I REALLY want my Pitt's and Spitt's trailer back.
By His grace, for His glory!
bbqwizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2019, 04:46 AM   #24
EaOutlaw1969
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Name/Nickname : Kevin

The list of things that I sold and wish I had back is way too long.

for me the top item I wish I had is one I never owned but thought I would ( no in my heart I knew I would own it one day) was my Dads 1978 Dodge tradesman cargo van he bought new in Late 1977.

My Late uncle and my Dad spent a lot of time customizing it back in the day as everyone did back then.

It was my Dads daily driver and we used to every chance we got to drag our Glastron Ski boat to lake Ozborn.

I was the main kid out of four that washed my Dads van without being asked to I did my best to keep every inch of it cleaned because it was something my Dad loved and I wanted to keep it around long enough to buy it off of him when he was ready for a new car.

I was heart broken when out of no where he came home with a 1978 Thunderbird that he traded straight out for his van.

Eventually I ended up with the T-bird but it just did not mean as much as that van did.

It was a Silver short wheel base with OEM rear windows no side windows except a aftermarket small port hole window on the passenger side rear and large aftermarket window just behind the drivers seat.

Custom molded fiberglass running boards with built on fender flares, Fiberglass windshield visor, Rear door spare tire mount with fiberglass cover rear door ladder and roof rack. Semi Deep dish Chrome Wagon wheels, Fiberglass front spoiler.

Interior was super simple 4 matching Blue vinyl swivel captains chairs with arm rest. a small post table with cup holders that could be removed. Custom wheel wheel area storage benches for a few of kids not quick enough to call one of the two rear captains chairs, Light blueish wood paneling with indoor outdoor carpet. ( that was later upgraded in the early 80s to regular carpet)

The last time I saw it was in the mid 1980s it still had the OEM Silver paint Except for the color matched aftermarket parts. My dad was a smoker and always had the window down with his left arm resting on the door. he did this for so long his arm rubbed the paint down to the bare metal yet the metal never had a chance to rust because of the residual transmission fluid on his arm after a long day working on transmissions. ( so the van always had a smell of smoke and transmission fluid plus old spice ) LOL.

I am not rich in fact I live check to check like most but if I could find this van in any condition with the proper proof that it was my Dads van I would find a way to buy it.

The memory of this van and the fun times we had in it plus the connection with my Dad and my Late uncle are truly priceless to me.