Sorry, not a McRib-ongoing

ronbrad62

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I saw this recipe for a Jalapeno Popper stuffed pork loin and I have been anxious to make it, so here is the beginning.
First I took a boneless pork loin and made two cuts to open it up tri-fold style.

Then I layered it with strips of pre-cooked bacon (less messy) and then a layer of softened cream cheese, jalapenos and grated sharp cheddar.

I was out of cotton twine, so a little acupuncture to hold it together, then onto the Stok over indirect heat.

The smaller pork roast is for the wife and daughter since they are not as adventurous as I am (and they don't like spicy). More to come as it progresses.

Looking forward to how this turns out...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had better post this now because I will need a nap soon after that meal.
It was very good. The jalapenos weren't that spicy, so most of that flavor was a little lacking, but the rest of it just worked together. A definite keeper.

Attachments

• IMG_20191020_180007347.jpg
    IMG_20191020_180007347.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_20191020_180711704.jpg
    IMG_20191020_180711704.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 220
My wife doesn't like spicy and seems to be the only person on earth who doesn't like bacon. She did like a similar version of this I made that was stuffed with cream cheese, ham, spinach, and Swiss cheese.

I should have taken you up on that previous invite for this cook so I could have helped consume the jalapenos! Good looking cook.

Thanks for the inspiration, just picked up a pork loin among other things... I gotta stay off this site...it's costing me big time!

Looks great Ron!

I think I see what my next hunk of Pork Loin is going to turn into.
(I have a couple of hunks in the freezer. :rolleyes: )

Thanks for the inspiration, just picked up a pork loin among other things... I gotta stay off this site...it's costing me big time!
And buy the elastic waist pants. They will fit longer and at least save you money in the clothing area.

Back