Assassin pellet/charcoal 48" hybrid

edapp

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have been looking for a large grill/smoker to purchase for use at my business to cook for employees. Would be cooking for groups of 20-50, hopefully at least monthly, and up to weekly.

Personally I own pellet grills and charcoal grills, am an getting tired of toting things from the house to the office to cook out. I have been on the fence about what type of grill to get, because I wanted something easy to set and forget overnight (pellet grill) for long cooks, but versatile enough to grill steaks or burgers on. I love cooking on charcoal, but I do not want this to become a burden and not a bonus for the employees or myself.

I reached out to Assassin because they offer some great looking products, and I was thinking about ordering a pellet smoker and charcoal grill from them. They let me know they offer a pellet/charcoal hybrid in their 48" grill model, which is not listed on the site. It uses a pellet hopper on one side, and half length charcoal grates on the other. Does anyone have experience with this? Honestly it seems like the perfect option for my purposes, especially if ordered with dual stacks. I haven't seen much on their pellet grills, but I am no competition cooker and do not need anything beyond a reliable easy to use cooker.

If anyone is aware of a better option for the price (theirs starts at $1350 which seems like a screaming deal) please let me know! If anyone has ordered one of these hybrids, tell us about it!

Following along because that Assassin setup sounds like it could be pretty sweet if designed correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds very intriguing. Also sounds like a great value. Let us know when you receive it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would like to know how this turns out. I have spoken with someone who uses them quite regularly at KCBS comps with good success.

Well... slight change of plans. I have decided to change my order to a 72" wide unit, with split cooking chambers. the 36" on the left side of the grill will be a dedicated pellet smoker, while the 36" on the right side will be dedicated charcoal. A door/lid for each side.

I think this will be a bit more practical vs the 48" hybrid, as it will let us cook with both fuel sources at the same time and at different temperatures. It will also increase the cooking space 24" overall which is nice.

I will keep everyone in the loop when it arrives, which in a normal order would be 6-8 weeks according to Jeff. Due to the virus and shelter in place order in my (and Assassin grill's) home state of GA... We are not sure what to expect on the lead time.

Sounds good to me. Birds turn out perfect on pellet burners and benefit from the milder smoke. Charcoal is too much for poultry unless you're grilling in my opinion.

Back