Mandatory working from home has some advantages

LordRiffenstein

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
The misses and I are both working from home, glad to have a job allowing us to continue to work. The advantage is that I/we get to do more cooking. In general, we don´t often do take away but these days, we are cooking almost every day and when we´re not, dinner will be something from the freezer that was cooked by us.

So this has given me the opportunity to fire up my Qs a lot more. And although I have a pellet pooper, I´ve been going for the Webers almost every time. With the Fireboard, I can easily monitor the temps and a kettle is pretty stable anyway. This has given me a lot of enjoyment in these weird days.

I know we say it´s not the cooker, it´s the cook. But there´s something about nailing a cook with a little more involvement. Anybody else reaching more for the Webers these days?

The misses and I are both working from home, glad to have a job allowing us to continue to work. The advantage is that I/we get to do more cooking. In general, we don´t often do take away but these days, we are cooking almost every day and when we´re not, dinner will be something from the freezer that was cooked by us.

So this has given me the opportunity to fire up my Qs a lot more. And although I have a pellet pooper, I´ve been going for the Webers almost every time. With the Fireboard, I can easily monitor the temps and a kettle is pretty stable anyway. This has given me a lot of enjoyment in these weird days.

I know we say it´s not the cooker, it´s the cook. But there´s something about nailing a cook with a little more involvement. Anybody else reaching more for the Webers these days?

I'm actually running my WSM 14" and 18" a lot right now. I just don't have the need for the capacity of the two offsets I have at the moment. Hopefully, 4th of July or something similar will happen with a public gathering so I can properly load my Shirley or Evie Mae up for a party of more than just myself in social isolation!
:pray:

A nice BBQ accented party holiday would be most welcome out here in East Texas. Hopefully, we can still to a Spring-time Brethren Bash outside DFW/Denton, Texas before it gets too far into Summer as well.

I have been q'ing a whole lot the last 2 weeks. I have BERTHA rollin' right now, but then again outside of my gasser and whole hog cooker my Webers are all I have to smoke on.

Back