MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:52 AM   #16
sam3
is One Chatty Farker

Been a while since I made PSB. That looks great!
BGE XL, BGE Mini, MAK 1 Star #385, 22.5 WSM, Weber Platinum, mini-WSM, PBC, Bradly OBS w/Auber & La Caja China
sam3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-24-2017, 11:01 AM   #17
THoey1963
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Terry

I have a couple problems with this post...

I'm not eating any of that great PSB... I also don't have any in the freezer. I need to resolve this. Soon...

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #18
DerHusker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by THoey1963 View Post
I have a couple problems with this post...

I'm not eating any of that great PSB... I also don't have any in the freezer. I need to resolve this. Soon...

And they would be?

Old 02-26-2017, 08:16 PM   #19
PorkinButts82
is one Smokin' Farker

Did some PSB tonight. First time doing it. For some reason the meat just didn't want to pull apart. Had it on the UDS at an IT of 165. Put into chafing tray with veggies and a bottle of Guinness. Wrapped in foil, cranked it up and pulled the chuck at an IT of 210*. The meat didn't feel done at 200 so I let it go. Not sure what the deal was. I wrapped in foil and let it set for about 45 mins until I was satisfied with the veggies that were still cooking. When it came time to shred or pull apart it was like tearing and very tough. My last 3 chucks I did pulled apart pretty good. This one had been sitting in the freezer, vac sealed since mid/late November. Either way once it was pulled into small bite size chunks and mixed with the veggies, served over mashed taters, it was pretty damn good!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
PorkinButts82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beef, DerHusker, Pepper Stout Beef, PSB, recipe