Dude wants his money back, 'custom smokers' is irrelevant here. Takes < 15 minutes to send a refund; 'custom smokers' doesn't award you 30 additional days over and above your previous delays.

It has a lot to do with it. Most other companies that are only doing custom fabrication per order have a strict no refund policy. The only reason I'm even offering the refund instead of completing the smoker is because of the events preventing me from meeting deadlines.
Again it really doesn't matter what I say or do some of you seem to be on a witch hunt to damage my business instead of accepting the fact that I am just behind, doing the best I can.
There are plenty of others out there just plain out scamming using pictures that are not even their work getting deposits then disappearing. But I am still here working and getting smokers out the door.

I don't really need to justify the 15 minutes or 30 days. He wants a refund, I want to finish the smoker and collect the rest of my money. But I'm refunding his deposit ad stated....

15 mins if you've got the funds to issue a refund. :sad:

With that said, seems like BuiltRite is trying to make it right so lets cut him a tiny bit of slack as he seems to be in a bind. We all fall sometimes and takes a while to get back up on our feet.

Only way to redeem is if OP gets his refund within the time frame promised on here.

No one seems to realize that deposits are used to buy materials.
Steel companies don't take cut steel back, but I'm still trying to make the customer happy. Some just like to keep the thread going i think.
Sad

Most other companies that are only doing custom fabrication per order have a strict no refund policy.

1. I submit to you, that the guy who wants his money back from you, is thinking you have the exact same No Refund policy.

2. You made it sound as if the No Refund policy includes laziness or indifference on the part of the seller.

3. The worst part: You're spending more time on this forum, than tending to your smokers!

Maybe he could get more cookers out and the refund quicker to our brother if we would give him the time. Now if he misses the 30 day deadline then he will deserve what we say after that. Leaving it alone for now helps Brian more than the builder.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. The worst part: You're spending more time on this forum, than tending to your smokers!

Can you say that you really blame him? What would everyone here think if he just ignored all of the posts, instead of taking time to respond? It's kind of a "darned if you do, and darned if you don't" situation for him to be in.

None of us has a crystal ball to know for sure what has happened, or will happen; in regards to the refund. BUT I think reasonable people can agree that a person looking to skip town with someone's money would not likely be responding here at all.

Let's give him a little breathing room, and circle back with tar, feathers, pitchforks, and fire if he doesn't refund within 30 days as stated. I'm sure we can all find better things to do in the meanwhile, like making BBQ or building smokers.....

1. I submit to you, that the guy who wants his money back from you, is thinking you have the exact same No Refund policy.

2. You made it sound as if the No Refund policy includes laziness or indifference on the part of the seller.

You have no idea who I am, or my work ethics.
1 I am far from lazy
2 i do have a no refund policy on custom builds
3 I am going to respond on this forum when it involves me and my business.
4 I don't tell you how to handle your business, and I can handle mine just fine .
Thank you

Can you say that you really blame him? What would everyone here think if he just ignored all of the posts, instead of taking time to respond? It's kind of a "darned if you do, and darned if you don't" situation for him to be in.

None of us has a crystal ball to know for sure what has happened, or will happen; in regards to the refund. BUT I think reasonable people can agree that a person looking to skip town with someone's money would not likely be responding here at all.

Let's give him a little breathing room, and circle back with tar, feathers, pitchforks, and fire if he doesn't refund within 30 days as stated. I'm sure we can all find better things to do in the meanwhile, like making BBQ or building smokers.....

Lol. Seems like they already have the pitchforks and a noose waiting. Like vultures circling

This is why people need to order from reputable builders like Gator, LSG, Klose, Pitmaker who have all been delivering as promised for decades. Might not be the cheapest, but you will get what you ordered, as promised. Can you imagine Rich Robin at Gator Pit jerking people around like this on a simple 36" patio smoker and dragging it out for a year?? It simply would not happen. Can you picture the guys at Shirley Fabrication jerking people around like this? NO. Pitmaker? NO. LSG? NO.

If this guy wanted to make it right he would just own up to it, dig in his personal pocket months ago, eat it and move on. Instead, it's more excuses, delays, extended times and empty promises again. He has no desire to make it right. If he did, he would have already. Think about it. Then he comes in here and plays victims and pokes fun at people who have the pitch forks out. I would be even more pissed.

Last edited:
This is why people need to order from reputable builders like Gator, LSG, Klose, Pitmaker who have all been delivering as promised for decades. Might not be the cheapest, but you will get what you ordered, as promised. Can you imagine Rich Robin at Gator Pit jerking people around like this on a simple 36" patio smoker and dragging it out for a year?? It simply would not happen. Can you picture the guys at Shirley Fabrication jerking people around like this? NO. Pitmaker? NO. LSG? NO.

If this guy wanted to make it right he would just own up to it, dig in his personal pocket months ago, eat it and move on. Instead, it's more excuses, delays, extended times and empty promises again. He has no desire to make it right. If he did, he would have already. Think about it. Then he comes in here and plays victims and pokes fun at people who have the pitch forks out. I would be even more pissed.

You have no idea what your talking about. First of all I have not played a victim in this situation.
Second I am a reputable company just like the others you mentioned.
Third he will get his refund as stated in the post earlier.
Fourth I have not poked fun of anyone and will not, that's not the type of person I am!
I have stated openly and over and over admitted I am behind, guilty as charged for that. But for someone to call me a thief or scam artist yeah that pisses me off!
When these orders were placed I had enough employees at the time to get the orders out in the time given, how was I to know in a matter of weeks I would be down 3 welders? Is that my fault NO,BUT I take full responsibility for the delays. Does that make me a scammer? No it doesn't it makes me human and capable of making mistakes or errors in judgement. Did I handle it like I should have? NO I PANICKED! Once again I'm only human. However I bust my butt, work 7 days a week taking time away from my family to try and fix my mistakes, not run and hide from it!
Now maybe I should tell people 12-14 month wait time like one of the companies you mentioned is giving. But that was never my intention.
So yeah I'm a little defensive seems like I am being crucified for a MISTAKE.

I don't understand why the refund hasn't been given yet. He asked for it a looonngg time ago, and you said you were going to give him one, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I am done replying to all of this. I will post a pic of the money order so everyone knows it was sent in case Brian doesn't post. Other than that I'm done. I know I am not what's being portrayed as well as all my customers and that's what matters.

Just so you know, this isn't your everyday run of the mill BBQ forum. In order for you to fully realize how badly you have stepped in it, follow the link to this thread. then you will understand how we take care of our own.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170486
I said I would reply to anymore but I will say this.
I don't expect anything less! However there are others out scamming ,taking deposits and disappearing.
I'm still here, not hiding, admitting my mistakes, trying to get caught up and get everyone their products and move forward. But seems like you want to run it in the dirt buddy????
How many times do I have to say I made a mistake? Not a scheme to defraud people a mistake in taking to many builds at 1 time....
Most everyone else has even said that I seem to be doing the right thing not hiding or avoiding it, but you just keep prodding and poking and fueling the fire.
Let it go, if I don't hold my end up then say what you want I will deserve it then, but give it a break!

Folks, lets hault the pileon for now and give Builtrite a chance to make good. Then Brian and Builtrite can keep us posted as to the outcome, but for now, we dont really need the dogpile. Enough laundry has been aired and right now it seems theres too many cooks in the kitchen. Lets let things play out for a bit and let Brian keep us posted with the outcome.

Back