MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:04 AM   #91
DanB
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Weber

I'm going to be the market for another grill, mine is falling apart after 25yrs.

If the Weber can grill and smoke some good brisket,I will selling my Shirley patio.

Waiting like all the others for it to come out and put to work, before making up my mine.

DanB

Old 12-07-2019, 10:36 AM   #92
snakyjake
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
I'm going to be the market for another grill, mine is falling apart after 25yrs.
I can't imagine a mechanical pellet smoker lasting 25 years.
But I can imagine my BGE lasting 25+ years.
snakyjake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2019, 04:48 PM   #93
4ever3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakyjake View Post
That’s funny right there...

Old Oklahoma Joe (Opal)
GMG TREK (Greta Thunberg)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
MAK 2 Star (Maybel)

2x “Unfortunately nothing wrong with that” Bob C Que…
I must be living right (somehow…)
4ever3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-01-2020, 01:35 PM   #94
DanB
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Pellet Grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakyjake View Post
I didn't say anything about a pellet grill lasting 25 years. Please read carefully before posting nonsense..

DanB

Old 03-02-2020, 08:26 AM   #95
ebijack
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : tom

Looks like Harry say's it is a winner.
My view on his even cooking is not the same as Harry's. By watching the video.
No grease fires, maybe because they are only smoking for 3 hours then wrapping and into the oven.
No big deal about the pellet hopper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALNnTwN2Kak
ebijack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2020, 08:48 AM   #96
SmokyDick
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebijack View Post
No grease fires, maybe because they are only smoking for 3 hours then wrapping and into the oven.

Harry seems to be trying to downplay the negatives hard.
SmokyDick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2020, 08:55 AM   #97
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebijack View Post
I returned mine and didn't even test it out mostly because I knew it would probably work, but no in the capacity I wanted. That money was better spent somewhere else. Had the shipper just keep it and not deliver (though that almost got lost and had to call weber & Seko 4 times to determine who had it when each party said they didn't). But it got figured out.

Anyways..........this video is odd to me. It's like Harry gave his stamp of approval, but not on one he owns. He gave his approval on watching someone cook on it. Of course this is "conspiracy theory" stuff that doesn't matter, but seems like he didn't want to do a review on one he purchased in case things went sideways.......

Not the end of the world and I'm still looking at the reviews/info. Still love the idea of the larger grill, I just have too many pellet cookers right now.

Old 03-02-2020, 09:12 AM   #98
RCAlan
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : RCAlan

And here’s the Part. 2 video and Harry Soo’s response to a lot of the negative thoughts and reviews being posted. It’s a 48 min. must see video. I’m not going to knock the video as I believe at the end of the day, everyone just wants to see the Weber SmokeFire perform as intended. Could Weber be more clearer on the proper operation and understanding of the SmokeFire pellet grill? Yes... Saying a grease flare up fire is nothing to worry unless the temp gets over 700* degrees after the fact... is not being very clear and can be very confusing. I just hope everything gets figured out and worked out for the better. .02

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=jsUri_VoKag

Last edited by RCAlan; 03-02-2020 at 09:24 AM..
RCAlan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-02-2020, 09:22 AM   #99
16Adams

This very well may surpass the beans versus no beans debate.

Nah
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2020, 09:23 AM   #100
Smokin D@wg@77
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason TQ View Post
I returned mine and didn't even test it out mostly because I knew it would probably work, but no in the capacity I wanted. That money was better spent somewhere else. Had the shipper just keep it and not deliver (though that almost got lost and had to call weber & Seko 4 times to determine who had it when each party said they didn't). But it got figured out.

Anyways..........this video is odd to me. It's like Harry gave his stamp of approval, but not on one he owns. He gave his approval on watching someone cook on it. Of course this is "conspiracy theory" stuff that doesn't matter, but seems like he didn't want to do a review on one he purchased in case things went sideways.......

Not the end of the world and I'm still looking at the reviews/info. Still love the idea of the larger grill, I just have too many pellet cookers right now.
Harry now has his own in his latest video. He just wanted cook on 1 ASAP why he did the visit cook with one of his subs.

If you needed more capacity than what he put on there then pellet grill is not an option for needs ....omg he loaded that thing down !! check it out
Smokin D@wg@77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2020, 09:47 AM   #101
RCAlan
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : RCAlan

I believe most posters truly want to see the Weber SF Pellet Grill succeed. I know I do. The issues, flaws and concerns posted by Weber SF owners are not being made up and I believe they have a right and reason to be concerned about the issues they’ve encountered. Could it be that most of the issues being encountered by owners are due to a lack of understanding of the proper operation of the Weber Smoke Fire? Yes. Should Weber do a better job of communicating these things to there customers? Yes. I believe, honesty and clarity are the best supportive selling points for any company and Weber needs to do a better job of that with the SmokeFire pellet grill. The SmokeFire pellet grill has features of operation that are different from traditional pellet grills, so there will be some confusion with its proper operation from people that own pellet grills, let alone those that are new to pellet grilling as a whole. It’s a learning process that’s normal with anything new... Would have designing the grease channel runoff to exit away from the Fire Pot, instead of allowing the grease to pool up and exit right near it, possibly eliminate most grease flare up fire concerns? Yes... Would designing a more sloped hopper help eliminate the pellet flow issues of funneling in the hopper that some owners are seeing? Yes. These are known concerns that owners and supporters of Weber are just pointing out... and are not trying to bash them to win some kind of mysterious bashing points online. Smh... I know if I saw the grease at the bottom of my grill on fire, I would be concerned too and rightfully so.... I would never just say, Oh, Grease flare up fire, no problem and just walk away. lol... smh... Also, pointing these concerns out shouldn’t make the Owners out to be the bad guy... Again, I hope nothing but the best from Weber and their SmokeFire pellet grill... and I’m sure anyone spending up to $1200.00 for one, just wants to be happy with their investment as well.

Last edited by RCAlan; 03-02-2020 at 10:05 AM..
RCAlan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2020, 09:47 AM   #102
4ever3

Ummmm I’m still gonna go with Justin’s take on this grill...

Old Oklahoma Joe (Opal)
GMG TREK (Greta Thunberg)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
MAK 2 Star (Maybel)

2x “Unfortunately nothing wrong with that” Bob C Que…
I must be living right (somehow…)
4ever3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2020, 10:34 AM   #103
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin D@wg@77 View Post
Harry now has his own in his latest video. He just wanted cook on 1 ASAP why he did the visit cook with one of his subs.

If you needed more capacity than what he put on there then pellet grill is not an option for needs ....omg he loaded that thing down !! check it out
Thanks. I don't keep up with everything. There was no way I was watching all of that, but looks like it went well. I joked in an earlier post I was gonna load mine down too, but that never happened . Was a good video.

Old 03-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #104
Crispy Bacon
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Crispy

It was a good video. Those pellets still didn’t slide down! Yes, that grease should flow the other way! I still think no matter what grill you have, Pellet or not. If you don’t remove excess grease after a long cook & then crank it up, your asking for trouble. I see a lot of people putting out some good food despite the issues. Hopefully Weber takes care of them. I still think it wasn’t ready to Come to market!
Crispy Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2020, 12:10 PM   #105
mhearne
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

My smokefire just got picked up for return. The freight company said they had delivered about 100 of them in the Minneapolis area. He says they have picked up 30-40 of them. That's a massive issue. The costs is really going to hurt weber in my opinion.

I hope v2 fixes some of these problems. My biggest complaint is sparks/embers flying and hitting me and the grass when using high temps. The side to side temp variance was huge on mine too.
mhearne is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->