Cooking tonight's Dinner on my new grill!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Alright so I had a craving for some grilling that didn't consist of using my propane grill.. Pulled the trigger on a Weber Jumbo Joe 22" for $74 at walmart.. I love it already.. I can see with my experience with BBQ and stuff. I'm gonna try to BBQ some stuff on it as well..

Thing's I learned so far... Never cooked over charcoal before... Doing the two heat zones are awesome... I do NOT need a whole chimney of charcoal for this kind of cook.. I'm excited to grill some more stuff... Maybe try to smoke some things too

Here's some pics!
The Grill
wgwnlHal.jpg

sPlrcHLl.jpg

LGa7509l.jpg

UppK0AVl.jpg

LK6ECfil.jpg

Tonight's Dinner!

2Lkf9cIl.jpg

TR9BSbTl.jpg

x5cjLPjl.jpg

GwUz4Sml.jpg

xlIaPzPl.jpg

That’s a great looking dinner! Way to break it in proper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You are going to so love that kettle and the world of charcoal cooking. Congrats!

The greatest multi cooking machine evah.....jmho.....enjoy my brother....!!!

Wow. I've never seen a 22" Smokey Joe. Very Cool. The cook looks Great!

Learning curve? What learning curve? :cool:

Until today I had no idea they made a 22" JJ...

Alright obviously this grill did its job.. and I did one heck of a job cooking on it.. I'm sure it doesn't take much charcoal to smoke chickens, or anything for 3-5 hr cooks. But my question is... Am I missing something with this being a Jumbo Joe and not a kettle?

Reason why I ask 90% of you guys keep calling it a kettle.. the difference is the Jumbo Joe has a shallower bottom compared to the kettle.. How much difference does this make as far as cooking goes? is the distance between grates different with the kettle as well?

I guess after looking at the kettle and such the grill grate distance from charcoal grate isn't that much of a difference.. The kettle is taller.. This Jumbo Joe is kinda short.. Probably hard to stand up and grill on it.. But that's ok I learned I can roll it right up to the porch and sitting on the porch and grilling worked out just fine!

Last edited:
Good looking plate. You can do anything with those darn kettles. Best bang for the buck cooker on the planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thou shalt not burn down the house whilst cooking BBQ on a deck.
Ed

You’ve just caught a disease for which there is no vaccine or cure! Next… Mastertouch then 26” or WSM. Good luck and the break in cook looks great.

Thou shalt not burn down the house whilst cooking BBQ on a deck.
Ed

hehe Not cooking on a deck.. I just got a cement step/porch... and the grill rolls right up to it!

You’ve just caught a disease for which there is no vaccine or cure! Next… Mastertouch then 26” or WSM. Good luck and the break in cook looks great.

Well I wouldn't go that far.. Obviously I have smokers... I don't need smokers.. I actually sold my WSM.. Won't go back. For some reason I just didn't like cooking on it or using charcoal to smoke on it.. But I may upgrade this thing later on to a kettle or something. Wouldn't mind getting one of those pretty blue ones, or just one of any color if its available

Back