At the risk of repeating myself

I agree. I like the laid back, take your time approach to smoking versus the constant hands on of grilling. But grilled food sure is good.

Looks fantastic, Adams! Love the looks of that salad too!!

Thanks! My kind of salad! :grin:
I go veggie, pasta and italian dressing. lol

We make a Greek Cole Slaw that is olive oil, red wine vinegar, Cavenders. You're correct a lighter dressing would be killer.

We make a Greek Cole Slaw that is olive oil, red wine vinegar, Cavenders. You're correct a lighter dressing would be killer.

Ahhh,yes.Cavender’s.A trusted pantry staple used in at least 90% of my cooks in some degree.Your pictured plate looks scrumpdillyishious.Yes,That is a new word.

Why not try both? There are some cuts I like to smoke for a nice ring then finish with a high heat grill to sear. Like a thick cut chop.

But sides, yeah that grilling photo looks great!

...and to that end, I've been looking at a Santa Maria grill. It's kinda the best of both worlds, isn't it? Looks like you get tons of smoke flavor, but you're grilling.

My preference is good food no matter how it's cooked. Which might also be a problem with self control :laugh: Anyway you look at it your meal looks fantastic

Last edited:
I buy the Cavenders No Salt in the blue canister. We cook with a lot of previously smoked or grilled meats that already have enough salt. Cavenders Salt Free is perfect when cooking leftovers. Blue can is usually a tad harder to find than regular but worth the hunt. Another interesting thing about the Cavenders Blue canister, twice I have found it with the tab depressed breaking the seal. One I caught in store one at home and returned. Guess folks needed a taste test. At Walmart pharmacy section recently The Bride brought home chewable Tums and the foil seal was torn and partially removed. Watch your stuff as you pick it up.

I really like grilled food too Have to say smoking foods also has its place in my heart/stomach

the salt free Cavenders has an "off taste to me"- I tried it and the taste is off putting. My doctor wants me to cut back on the salt, and the meat and the alcohol. I gently say "I will consider that" and about the time I hit the door I say "pfftt".

She fusses every time I have a physical- I keep her because she has a good bedside manner and really small fingers... yeah- stuff like that matters.

Back