Ironside Pellet Smoker - Arrived

WoodBBQ

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
First, thanks to Pete for building an awesome smoker. Secondly, I received an early Father's day gift. It's been a little while in the making, but well worth the wait. The finished product is better than I imagined. Looking forward to cooking on this bad boy for the family really soon.

Happy Father's day to all!!

Attachments

• 20210612_211550.jpg
    20210612_211550.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 883
  • 20210609_211156.jpg
    20210609_211156.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 860
  • 20210612_211937.jpg
    20210612_211937.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 858
Very nice. Congrats! Is it pellet only?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

They've added pellet smokers? Nice. Those guys build a good cooker.

Congrats - that's a great looking pit! Ironside smokers are already versatile with the ability to use either charcoal or wood - but the pellet assist certainly adds on to that!

I sure hope you share your future cooks and thoughts on it with us.

Nice pit, congrats!

I'm super interested to see how that baby cooks. I have a good buddy that is in the market to step up from his Treager and wants more smoke flavor, but still wants "set it and forget". This seems like a sweet spot. Cheers!

The Lone Star Grillz Pellet Smoker and the IronSide Vertical Wood burning Pellet Smoker both come with Smoke Baskets, which allows them to burn real Hardwood and Charcoal while burning Pellets at the same time. Pellet Smoke is ok and I’m not knocking it, but when I added a smoke basket to my setup, the difference was like night and day…. Managing the smoke basket is a little extra work, but the final outcome of adding true charcoal and hardwood smoke to your bbq makes it well worth the effort and outcome. To the OP, I hope you enjoy your new Smoker. Please keep the Pellet Brethren here posted on how everything is working out for you.

VERY curious about this guy. I've been looking for a solid pellet smoker that actually has some space in it.

Last edited:
What a freaking unit! Looks great & you look super happy :) Love the cut out on the back!

Please do a trip report when ya get a cook or few in!

You look like one happy happy camper! That is a fine piece of gear you got there. Congrats!

Congrts on the great looking smoker. I can't wait for you to post your first cook on it. Please keep us updated on it. Nothing wrong wrong with fathers day coming early.

Congrats!!! The Ironside units seem quite unique, being you can wood burn it and use pellets. Can’t wait to hear what you do with it!

That is bad a$$. Congrats on that, it should make for an awesome Father's Day cook.

Just checked out their website again, didn't realize that was "pellet assist"...that could be a game-changer! I love how those guys are always innovating at Ironside.

Looks like a great smoker. Congratulations!

Back