First brisket on drum!

rovster

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ok finally made it and ate it! Thanks for all those that made suggestions on my other posts. Brisket turned out great! Bark was amazing. My last 3 briskets I pulled slightly early this one I was going for just right or beyond. If I was being super critical it was slightly over but barely, and it was so much better than the last few. Flat was nice and floppy as you will see. Total cook time was 12-13 hrs avg temp between 250-275, tested for at least an hour and a half. On to the pron....

Picked up this Wild Fork Prime on my lunch break. Was the best of 6 they had on hand. Good marbling and decent uniformity to the flat...
ciBKOrUh.jpg

wGUMvvih.jpg

Triple hooked on the point, rubbed with Holy Cow and dusting of Black ops
ENX4Vgyh.jpg

Action shot...
azbuxT8h.jpg

Internal at around 165, bark set ready to wrap. I ended up doing butcher paper fat side down with foil boat...
geZh61jh.jpg

Intermission was some stuffed jalapeño poppers with a sprinkling of grande gringo...
dSW5v1oh.jpg

Done!
yHlCDHlh.jpg

McmBIK6h.jpg

Nice and floppy!!!
ygQryUBh.jpg

Plated. I know sauce is controversial but I like my brisket with an enhanced au jus. I use Meathead’s Texas mop cut with some bbq sauce so it’s a very thin sauce.
8pJBLZMh.jpg

Enjoyed with a nice bottle of wine! Don’t worry we had a few old fashioneds
For pregaming...
IojzO4Yh.jpg

Looks fantastic. How long did you let it rest before slicing? A few hours in a cooler does wonders too...

A little over is ALWAYS better than a little under! And the poppers look on point!

That is right purty.
But how do yo hang it after wrapping it in paper?

Rested about an hour and a half maybe 2. Yes last 3 briskets were slightly under and this one was MUCH better. I almost went over on purpose to break the habit set the alarm to 205 but was out walking the dog when it went off. Didn’t care, lol it was over all the way. Next one I’m going to go back to looking for that sweet spot but I feel like I needed this cook to break the pattern!

That is right purty.
But how do yo hang it after wrapping it in paper?
Once wrapped put on the rack. I suppose reason for hanging is to get even bark which I did without having to flip. That said I may be tempted in the future to do one on the rack fat side down all the way. We’ll see...

��Ohhh Danny boy, ohhh Danny boy that brisket looks to be a perfect joy.............

Such a relief to get briskets right. Makes all the rest you do now a bit easier. Congrats it looks great. I am not a huge fan of bbq sauce on my brisket but, rather au jus from the pan. I did however get a jug of OK Joe's and must say it did compliment the brisket very good. So I get it

Congrats on the great looking brisket! Do you have a fish tank? Trying to figure out what the blue light is.

Back