Bone in Pork Chops!

WBDubya

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Smoked some 1-1/2” bone in pork chops on my MAK 2 star last weekend for about 90 min @220 degrees and then final seared @1500 degrees on the Otto Wilde. Final cook temp was 135. Rub consisted of a mix of Killer Hogs and John Henry’s Sugar Maple Rub. Delicious!
6f14fdf1c463a380f40c135d17215e83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Very nice! Love me some bone-in monster pork chops.

Looks great, I love doing the thick chops 2" or so on my pellet smoker , about a hour or 2 depending on how pushed for time I am lol, I have tried a few of JH rubs and all have been great so far, would the sugar maple work well on pork ribs?

Those look perfect! Have you ever cured pork chops, then smoked them? They are just like the smoked ones from the butcher shop at a fraction of the cost.

Does the cure make them a little "hammy"? I turned a pork butt into pulled "ham" pork. Liked it.

Yaker

Looks great, I love doing the thick chops 2" or so on my pellet smoker , about a hour or 2 depending on how pushed for time I am lol, I have tried a few of JH rubs and all have been great so far, would the sugar maple work well on pork ribs?

Thanks. I haven’t tried the sugar maple rub on ribs but I will next time. Thanks for the suggestion!

My replies seem to go into outerspace

Great looking chops and as commented greatcrust
What cut are these chops? shoulder, Leg?

Just a good old pork loin, that’s all I know. Lol.

Back