MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Disposable Cutting Boards

Notices

Disposable Cutting Boards Twisted Brisket Competition BBQ Team was sick and tired of cleaning our cutting boards. We also weren't too impressed with the cardboard cutting boards everyone else on the KCBS Circuit is using. So, we set out to make something better - and we did! Made right here in Southern California, we have a food-grade, disposable & re-usable, 100% recyclable cutting board. But that's not all! It's on a roll, and is perforated for effortless use!

Old 09-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
Stark-O-Rama
On the road to being a farker

Default New - Brine/Marinade/Meat Holding Liners for 5gl Buckets!

No more washing out your nasty buckets! Try our food grade liners and never worry about cross contamination again! These liners will fit your buckets with plenty of liner left to tie in a knot and remove all of the air. Your meat is completely submerged at all times! When your done, throw it away!

Not only can you use them for brining & marinating, but once you've rubbed your Brisket, Pork, Chicken & Ribs, throw them in these liners and let them sit protected from bugs in your cooler, or anywhere! You can easily fit more than one brisket, pork butt, rack of ribs, turkey, chicken, you name it. These Clear Liners are 24" wide, 33" deep.

We will send you 20 Brine/Marinade/Meat Holding Liners for $7.99 out the door! 1-3 Day shipping is Free!
[/B]Disposable Cutting Boards on a Perforated Roll, 5 gl Bucket Liners, Steam Pan Liners, Cooler Liners, Stark Naked BBQ Pit, Probe & Grill Cleaner, Stark Kitchen Food Grade Surface Cleaner
[url]www.starkboards.com[/url]
Stark-O-Rama is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

That is a deal. How does the thickness of the bags compare to freezer bags (ziploc style?)

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
Stark-O-Rama

Totally different type of plastic. Ziplock is Low Density Polyethylene like our Cutting Boards, and our Bucket Liner is Hi-Density Polyethylene. HDPE is like the plastic shopping bags you get at the grocery store. Thin, but very strong. It can hold a gallon of milk with ease, but if you get a puncture, the whole thing blows open. Low Density is like a Hefty Trash Bag, it can hold a lot, & if it get's punctured it will not tear. LDPE is much more expensive.

To use LDPE as a bucket Liner would be overkill and a waste of money. These HDPE bags work fantastic, and with the support of the bucket, you'll be solid.

Having said that, we've put thousands of lbs of meat in these HDPE bags and have yet to have one tear on us. You just have to be careful not to puncture them.

We may come out with a thick ziplock type plastic, but for now we're starting with this.
[/B]Disposable Cutting Boards on a Perforated Roll, 5 gl Bucket Liners, Steam Pan Liners, Cooler Liners, Stark Naked BBQ Pit, Probe & Grill Cleaner, Stark Kitchen Food Grade Surface Cleaner
Old 09-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

You are becoming quite the bbq accessory guru... sounds like another winning product

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

if they are a quality product like your cutting boards these things will rock. I know different plastic is different plastic but you guys seem to go the extra mile when it comes to quality!
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but what's the difference between the 5 gallon liner you're selling vs a regular kitchen sized trash bag?

What I'd be really interested in is a marinating bag that fits over/into a bus tub or foil pan. Kind of like the pan liners you can buy, but bigger so they can be tied up and placed in the cooler for marinating.
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and The Atlanta BBQ store
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpw View Post
I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but what's the difference between the 5 gallon liner you're selling vs a regular kitchen sized trash bag?

What I'd be really interested in is a marinating bag that fits over/into a bus tub or foil pan. Kind of like the pan liners you can buy, but bigger so they can be tied up and placed in the cooler for marinating.
Cat litter box liners? Those things are strong as can be, but may not be food safe.

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #8
Stark-O-Rama

Quote:

No offense taken! If you are using a kitchen trash liner that is Food Grade HDPE (made with virgin resin), clear, and is 24" wide, by 33" deep, with a star seal bottom (strongest seal possible) - then nothing is different. There are a lot of different plastic bags out there, I'm not sure what you use at home.....

What size would the pan liner need to be for you? If it makes sense, we can make any size possible....
Old 09-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #9
cpw
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark-O-Rama View Post
No offense taken! If you are using a kitchen trash liner that is Food Grade HDPE (made with virgin resin), clear, and is 24" wide, by 33" deep, with a star seal bottom (strongest seal possible) - then nothing is different. There are a lot of different plastic bags out there, I'm not sure what you use at home.....

What size would the pan liner need to be for you? If it makes sense, we can make any size possible....
So most likely the biggest difference is that yours are food grade. I'm sure whatever trash bags I have at home are full of all kinds of good chemicals.

In terms of pan liners, I know a lot of teams use these types of liners: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/full...72PTL3418.html But these aren't big enough to tie up afterwards. So they're good for rubbing and injecting, but not for rubbing and injecting and then storing in the cooler.
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
Old 09-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #10
Stark-O-Rama

Quote:
So most likely the biggest difference is that yours are food grade. I'm sure whatever trash bags I have at home are full of all kinds of good chemicals.

In terms of pan liners, I know a lot of teams use these types of liners: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/full...72PTL3418.html But these aren't big enough to tie up afterwards. So they're good for rubbing and injecting, but not for rubbing and injecting and then storing in the cooler.
Ok - I checked out that product. I'll make you a deal.... Pm me your address, and I'll send a sample of something that I think will do what you need it to do with a full size pan. You then use it, and review it here. If it works and you like it, I'll start selling it. You then have to tell everyone how I changed your life
Old 09-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #11
cpw
Babbling Farker

Just sent a PM your way. Thanks for the offer!
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA