Opening weekend 2010

Smokey Al Gold

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Here's a few pics from opening weekend at my ranch that I thought I'd share. We roasted a pig saturday in a caja china like box. It turned out very very good but no smoke flavor. We don't have a big smoker so this was a great alternative. It was fun to do and my uncle got the pig and ordered the injection and marinade online he said. When I got there I was suprised to see what it was he ordered. Maybe you guys will recognize it. We did the pork soak overnight and the injection. Good stuff! :thumb: This was a wild pig around 30lbs and it cooked fast. Maybe 2 hrs total. We had fun and killed a spike, 7ptr. and brain cells. Good times.

ranch007.jpg

ranch010.jpg

ranch012.jpg

ranch031.jpg

ranch029.jpg

ranch037.jpg

ranch041.jpg

ranch046.jpg

ranch015.jpg

ranch022.jpg

ranch019.jpg

I'm hating you a little right now! I didn't even buy a license this year, because I knew I wouldn't have time.

I'd try a goat in that barrel next time:becky::becky::becky: Assuming it ever gets cold!

Dang it Al, wish I lived closer! Looks like a great time....you even had crown and a campfire. My favorites! :becky:
Thanks for the pics, and congratulations on the spike and 7 pointer too. :cool:

Odd, I saw no foil hats...Still, a good looking pig roast. I am hoping to get a pig to roast soon myself.

you are KILLING me - my family is headed your was (Pearsall) tomorrow...and I'm stuck in Central IL. Just.Not.Right.

you are KILLING me - my family is headed your was (Pearsall) tomorrow...and I'm stuck in Central IL. Just.Not.Right.

Don't forget to have them pick you up some Julio's Seasoning. Too bad you couldn't make the trip!

Al, yep a 7 pound bag of Julios and some chips every trip..if they make it down to Del Rio, that is. Otherwise, it'll be a couple of shakers and some chips.

Back