the answer...

creepyrat

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
to my pork question earlier today.

i soaked the pork in a 50/50 mix of salt and brown sugar for a few hours i used a salt/paprika/sugar rub on 1/3 of the meat that turned out to be to salty and really the rub just doesn't do it for me. the 2nd rub was one from that Bam guy i forgot his name, now that turned out to be spicy but not overpowering and very good but it did trample the apple wood.

the other third i just took strait from the marinade and put on the rack and it was the best with the spicy following close behind, it was sweet and apple smokey and not to salty.

Img_0591s.jpg

Img_0592.jpg

it was about 2.5 hours before it hit 160 the temp was around 200 most of the time but i bumped it to 250 for the last half hour. of my few q's sofar this has by far been the one i enjoyed the product the most from.

I think the question was, If I soak my pork in a bunch of salt, will it come out salty?

no it was about the country style ribs, they were labled tenderloin by the store, i didn't know what the heck they were at first.

they didnt soak long enough to pick up that much salt lol.

A fairly satly seasoning with lots of different pepper seasonings is my preference on Country ribs, but I always put some BBQ sauce on a couple.This is about the only thing that I put BBQ sauce on nowadays.

Back