MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
Cabin Fever
Full Fledged Farker

Default Thanksgiving turkey Pron

Just thought I'd post this even though it's a couple days late and not actual bbq. The turkey was a 14 pounder and I cooked it in the oven using an oven bag. It was pre-injected so I just rubbed it down with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. I don't care much for oven Turkeys which is why I didn't put a lot of effort into this one, but I thought it was pretty moist and everyone seemed to like it.

The two big pieces to the left and right are the thighs and the pieces in the back are every other little slivers of meat I could pull off the bird. The wings were fall apart tender so I just pulled them as well. This was the second time I removed the breasts completely before carving. Makes life a heck of a lot easier if you ask me.
Cabin Fever is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
BigBobBQ
Babbling Farker

looks pretty good from here, I think you did a great job.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
Cabin Fever
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks BigBob. I was originally going to smoke it, but I'm the only member of my clan who loves bbq.
Cabin Fever is offline   Reply With Quote