MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
Rubmybutt
Full Fledged Farker

Default Butts, done today for party in 30, freeze whole or pulled?

Hey All,

Did 4 butts today including the soon to be famous FRANKS RED HOT, I'll start a seperate post on that with prons but the question is the party is in 30 days so should I leave the butts whole and freeze or pull apart and bag and freeze?

I hope your weekend where ever you are was as nice as ours here in Iowa, jeez it's about time we got a break in the weather.
Fast Eddy 100-Backwoods Competitor- Backwoods Extended Party-Cookshack SM-160 Weber Smokey Mountian 22.5-New Broanfels offset-Fire Majic Aurora 660A-Weber Genisis (1979)-Weber Genisis 330-Weber Performer-Weber kettle 22.5
Cajun Injector turkey fryer
Fastest [COLOR=darkorange]ORANGE[/COLOR] splash-proof Thermapan BBQ Guru WIFI.
Just one my first chili cookoff Dec 1st 2012
Rubmybutt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
thunderwagn
Full Fledged Farker

I pull mine before freezing. Butts are so think you don't want to take so long to cool the inside. It freezes great. I think the flavors meld together nicely after freezing and thawing. Plus, it will thaw much, much, faster.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
Kevin
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Agree with the beautiful weather this weekend. I like to pull before freezing. Double seal vacu suck if you have that capability.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
BBQ Bandit
Babbling Farker

Afraid due to your time - frame... pull, seal in small quantities, mix with apple juice and more sprinkled rub, and freeze.

You will need massive freezer space to cool down/freeze in quick order... a stand alone freezer will be handy?

Former smokers;
Lang 84 Deluxe kitchen, Lang 60 Mobile - The Damsel II, Lang 48 Patio - The Damsel, Bubba Keg Grill - RIP, Double Barrel Smoker and a BSKD
BBQ Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
Rubmybutt
Full Fledged Farker

Thank you,

Have good amount of pharkin phreezer space will do and have extra apple and SM. Prons a cummin
Fast Eddy 100-Backwoods Competitor- Backwoods Extended Party-Cookshack SM-160 Weber Smokey Mountian 22.5-New Broanfels offset-Fire Majic Aurora 660A-Weber Genisis (1979)-Weber Genisis 330-Weber Performer-Weber kettle 22.5
Cajun Injector turkey fryer
Fastest [COLOR=darkorange]ORANGE[/COLOR] splash-proof Thermapan BBQ Guru WIFI.
Just one my first chili cookoff Dec 1st 2012
Rubmybutt is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->