THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sweetsmoke87

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Jon
Well about two weeks ago I made the trip to Oklahoma to pick up my new to me smoker. I cleaned it all up, seasoned it and was ready to break it in. Well we broke it in alright. Put about 200lbs of meat on it. Pork ribs, beef ribs, 2 briskets, 3 shoulders, pork belly, chicken thighs and quarters, outer skirt steak, turkey legs and I thinks a few others. It cooked amazing, all the food came out great! Had about 60 people over for food, and had a ton of left overs.

I was worried about the smoker I purchased based on some reviews I have seen here and on the net. But decided to go ahead and purchase it anyways. It is a Greasy hill smoker. 2015 reverse flow model with the larger vent stack, and correct size opening from firebox. Also has the 42" grill and rib box on it. I wasn't sure what to expect with it but was pleasantly surprised. Was able to get temps up to 375-400 if needed and was able to maintain about 250 with ease. It did not burn through a lot of wood to keep temps. I have used all parts of this smoker so far except the deep fryer setup on the back side. It had no issues handling all of that meat. Temps stayed within 8 degrees left to right once I got is all settled in.

Thanks to a lot of you guys for the information on this forum about reverse flows, fire management, cooking times and temps. It made the first big cook fairly easy.

Attachments

• 36776635_10214039461594137_5490644083347030016_o.jpg
    36776635_10214039461594137_5490644083347030016_o.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 528
That's how it's done! :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your new smoker....looks sweet!!
And, you really know how to break a new smoker in.....nice job.

Thanks guys, I'm really happy how it came out. Did another 75lbs for a grad party this weekend that tdurned put just amazing. Now for the next purchase a hog roaster!!!

Back