MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
D Cooper
Found some matches.

Default Need help buying new smoker

I have a 24x40 with offset fire box on trailor. very nice but I have to add charcoal after 3-4 hrs after starting with 10 lbs of hardwood. Can run on gas but have to add wood every 2-3 hrs. I am looking at gravity fed smoker by Kountry Cookers, Stump, etc. I hear they can roll for 10+ hours with out having to monitor. I just want to be able to throw on butts, etc and not have to worry about my fire. The trailor is nice and I know the others arent as easy to haul around. The titan 4 by Kountry Cookers is 440 lbs and could be loaded into my truck. I also have a utility trailor.

I thought about trying to modify my cooker with fire brick, etc. to get more heat retention. I dont want to invest time and money for little results. Any advice would be appreciated.
D Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

There are a bunch out there. You already know about Stump. How about Spice Wine, Backwoods, Klose. The list goes on and on. Good luck. But wait, UDS!

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma]A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
Alan in Ga
is One Chatty Farker

Stumps is not a bad smoker and made right up the road from me and I have seen alot of them in use but the field is wide open just do your homework
[SIZE=3]Golden Goose Egg(4 Times Certified)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Stumps 223 ,2 UDS,NB Hondo[/SIZE]
Alan in Ga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
Jd Swiper
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Jdog
Smile Stumps Smokers

Without question the way to go...Mine is getting shipped out monday afternoon!!! Just around the corner from where you are so go ahead on the Stumps forum and ask how everyone likes theres....
Jd Swiper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2010, 11:59 PM   #5
Tom C
Found some matches.

JD, Is that the actual pic of your stumps before they shipped it? Looks mighty fine.
Tom C is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2010, 06:35 AM   #6
gtsum
Babbling Farker

I had my stumps go for 30 hours straight one time - they are very fuel efficient for how much meat you can cook - great cooker for sure
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #7
NateOwsley
On the road to being a farker

I'd go backwoods, way cheaper and very fuel efficient, I can get 10-12 hours on my party everytime.