Pellet re order

MountainMan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm in need of re ordering my pellet supply.

I tend to use ONE kind of pellets and I am leaning to Hickory or Mesquite for maximum flavor.

My choices are:
CookShack
Cookinpellets
Lumberjack

Any thoughts?

TNX

I can’t speak to Cookshack but I’ve used both Lumberjack and Cookinpellets. I found Cookinpellets hickory puts noticeably more smoke flavor on the food. I’ve tried a few different brands, usually because I could save a buck, and have always gone back to Cookinpellets.

Have never tried Cookshack pellets.

Have burned lots of Lumberjack but actually experienced flameouts with them on a semi-regular basis.

Currently burning Bear Mountain and really like them.

When my stash of Bear Mountain runs out, I plan on returning to my all-time favorite... Cookin’ Pellets Perfect Mix. Although I have never burned their Hickory, I can only imagine it would be top notch. When I order from them, I do so directly though their website by placing a mini-bulk order. Typically 15 40lb bags is what I go for... :)

We’ve settled on Lumber Jack Competition blend, really happy with it! Lumber Jack is USA made with no binders.

I have been using Lumberjack since I got my PG and really like the flavor I get. I use the MHC blend, 100% Hickory and 100% Cherry. I would try Cookingpellets but closest supplier is 50 miles away and I am not paying shipping.

Cookin' Pellets perfect mix. I ordered a couple of 40 pound bags. They burn clean and last a little longer than the brands I was burning before. Very pleased with them. I could recommend them as a staple.

Back