MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices

Notices

Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices We sell the Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices, along with a few select items, that you may find useful for barbecuing or grilling. http://simplymarvelousbbq.com/store/

Old 04-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #16
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willkat98 View Post
Sweet and Spicy applied liberally to the palm of my hand.

Combine that with my tongue and its a truly remarkable combination.

Already told Steph this story.
Wife walks into the kitchen, sees me over in front of my spice cabinet.
Watches me pull out SM Cherry, then the Sweet and Spicy.
With each one, I shake some into the palm of my hand, then lick it.
Finally, she can't stand it anymore are loudly exclaims:
"You did NOT just pour some of your BBQ rub into your hands and eat it, did you?"

Of which I turned and promptly responded:
"I need to check them for freshness"

She turned and left, muttering something about getting a life or something.
Love this story

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #17
uncblue
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by big brother smoke View Post
What are your favorite SM combinations (does not have to be just SM, but should have one SM rub)?

For example: Cherry and Sweet Seduction
Holy Shart...Just picked up the variety pack from Big Poppas & did my 1st cook with them last night...You've created a helluva product... I did some chilean sea bass 3 ways... 1st with pecan, 2nd with Sweet & spicy & 3rd with Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin... also zucchini with Season all; ALL AMAZING

It's all I can do to wait til Fri afternoon to fire up the Kamado for some pulled pork; 1 with Sweet and Spicy, other with Pecan; also going to do some ribs with Cherry
Old 09-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #18
cirk
is Blowin Smoke!

I use cherry and sweet and spicy on all my pork! And peppered cow with extra black pepper on beef.
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #19
BASSER
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : ROB

If I wanted to mix 5lbs of SM Sweet and Spicy and a 13oz bottle of the SM Cherry, would I be able to taste the Cherry or do you think I would need more?

WSM 18.5", Weber Kettle, Thermapen, Maverick ET-732
BASSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:20 AM   #20
chambersuac

I'm a self avowed SM freak. I love the stuff. My favorite is probably Spocy Apple. Mix that with Season All for any pork. Wait, cherry and sweet seduction on ribs. Np, pecan and season all. Crap, mix and match, you won't go wrong. I think my favorite changes cook to cook. Now I'm hungry.

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #21
rookiedad
is One Chatty Farker

i have to say it too!!! i have only ever had a 2"x4" sample pack that i got in the competitors bag at The Battle of The BBQ-Brethren in manorville and i am sold! this is what i feel is by far the best rub i have ever used. i can't wait to get a variety pack for the long cold winter. as for combinations i would like to know, what sauce everyone is pairing SM rubs with, and if and when SM is going to produce a bbq sauce.
3 WSMs
22" Weber Kettle
Smokey Joe
rookiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #22
big brother smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSER View Post
If I wanted to mix 5lbs of SM Sweet and Spicy and a 13oz bottle of the SM Cherry, would I be able to taste the Cherry or do you think I would need more?

I think you should layer versus mixing; it does something groovy to your food. So, no I think the sweet and spicy will over power your food in the suggested measurements.

Enjoy in good health!