Fireboard Love?

Watching this thread to get a information on this. I have a T&K reverse flow being built right now. BBQ freak how well does the fireboard help you on long cooks? Is it necessary or just a feel good product?

Mannnn, I jut used mine this evening on a chicken cook.

I have to say, I thought the firedrive (fan control) was over priced for what it was but I think I’ll have to eat crow on that. This thing is smarrrrrt as all get out. The ability to cycle down power to the fan depending on the temp makes this thing good temps incredibly tight.

I was cooking with a bbq guru digiQ before but this thing is on a different level

Mannnn, I jut used mine this evening on a chicken cook.

I have to say, I thought the firedrive (fan control) was over priced for what it was but I think I’ll have to eat crow on that. This thing is smarrrrrt as all get out. The ability to cycle down power to the fan depending on the temp makes this thing good temps incredibly tight.

I was cooking with a bbq guru digiQ before but this thing is on a different level

Hey thx for the feedback! What type of cooker we’re you using?

Hi Check out their Face Book page. In have my FB for 2 years now, when it works it is great, but lately it keeps losing data..Then it is a MPIA!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/180001432772531/

DanB

How are you using data? Not being uploaded to their cloud or are you loosing connection?

My BIL got a FB last year and initially had some connection issues over WIFI. When I did some checks, we found that there were a lot of wireless signals in his neighborhood on the same channel. So we changed wireless channel on his router and all his devices. FB has worked flawlessly ever since and they have better WIFI connections on their phones etc.

I love my FireBoard. Expensive, yes. But worth it. Log cooks, write in notes, and check temps while on the move. I can be at work, check the temp, call the wife and she can do what is needed. Email, text and set it’s own alarm. Set different temp alarms and more. You won’t be disappointed

What he said.:-D

I was stoked when I found my old Weber iGrill probes work with my FB. Oddly enough my probes disappear after a smoke session. But that’s not a knock on the FB, just my post smoke routine.

Fireboard

How are you using data? Not being uploaded to their cloud or are you loosing connection?

My BIL got a FB last year and initially had some connection issues over WIFI. When I did some checks, we found that there were a lot of wireless signals in his neighborhood on the same channel. So we changed wireless channel on his router and all his devices. FB has worked flawlessly ever since and they have better WIFI connections on their phones etc.

Hi Data was showing on the controller, but not on my phone or puter. The controller did say it had a WiFi connection..Last cook FB worked most of the time, did have some data lost, at times.
Thanks DanB

Back