I miss Texas!

Blythewood BBQ'er

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Yep missing Texas bad this morning. Of all the great food I ate this week the sausages are stuck in my head. What is the best mail order sausages I can get? Found a few websites but want yall's advice on the best to get. The smokey Denmark pepper wurst Andy had was killer but they don't ship.

So Texas Brethren if you had to move, who would you order sausages from? Trust me next time I'm definitely extending time there just to buy sausages!

HEB sells Many Good Ones - too bad you didn’t fill a couple coolers before you headed out

Yeah I'm kicking my self right now! I was just lost in the greatness of Texas! Next time I'm going to have extra time for supply runs! Thanks for the sausage thread link. Bookmarked for sure!

I can vouch for south side market. I buy the jalapeño cheese from heb. I’m not sure if I’ve ever had good sausage but this is the best I’ve ever bought from a store.

I see a care package or two next time I head East!

Pick me up on the way down I-20 when you do Sid. LuzziAnn and I plan on makin' an SC Bash.

Dennis, You are living in God's Country for sure. We loved our time there in Charleston. Saw the Darlington 500 in Columbia (which I was smuggled in under some firewood in a van). In the old NASCAR days it was like a land rush to the infield. We ended up between turns 3&4. THAT was the 1st time I really saw a monkey fark a football. I'll try to find the pic's.

To make a long story longer, a bunch of us USAF guys went to Columbia to see ZZ Top and STYX play. Somebody told me I had a good time. :becky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc1laHfpdiE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r2omf3fql4

Grand old Lady of the South!

Yep missing Texas bad this morning. Of all the great food I ate this week the sausages are stuck in my head. What is the best mail order sausages I can get? Found a few websites but want yall's advice on the best to get. The smokey Denmark pepper wurst Andy had was killer but they don't ship.

So Texas Brethren if you had to move, who would you order sausages from? Trust me next time I'm definitely extending time there just to buy sausages!

Opa's out of Fredericksburg, Slovacek out of Snook, Meyer's Elgin, for the bigger retailers that ship, and this time of year is best since it's not going to be 160 degrees on the tarmac to have it shipped...

Edit: and the next time anyone is driving out of the state stop at Buc-ee's if you see one and stock up on the peppered pork loin. Pay the price, and enjoy.

Southside sausage sucks.

I've literally have thrown away more of the variety packs and raw sausage than I've ate. It is lousy.

Conecuh or death.

Southside sausage sucks.

I've literally have thrown away more of the variety packs and raw sausage than I've ate. It is lousy.

Conecuh or death.
There are too many good sausages out there to have to settle for that.

Back