2017 Saturday Oct 7 SoCal Fall Bash North Hills/Van Nuys Airport Adjacent: Head Count & Food Planning!

count us in Moose Stephanie and I, not sure what we will bring yet but we will be working on that. Exact location would be cool to figure out where we will stay.

Tom, I can't provide the address publicly as it's a private residence, but there's enough specifics in the thread title to point you in the right direction. Feel free to PM me if you need more details, and we're really looking forward to meeting you both!

fair enough how about the city? I assume Northridge would be a good place to look.

Ok we talked about it Stephanie is doing here newly famous tater salad and wants to challenge John on the mac and cheese and I'm thinking tri tips on the fire pit I can bring wood too if needed I have some central coast red oak and almond.

fair enough how about the city? I assume Northridge would be a good place to look.

Ok we talked about it Stephanie is doing here newly famous tater salad and wants to challenge John on the mac and cheese and I'm thinking tri tips on the fire pit I can bring wood too if needed I have some central coast red oak and almond.

Tom - location is North Hills close to the Van Nuys Airport.

No one does it better. Best I've ever had.

PAZ2vg3h.jpg

5Je8X49h.jpg

Nothing on the calendar. As long as I don't lose another employee, I should be able to make it. Hmmm...what to bring? Crudite platter? Steamed green beans? Tofu Bean sprout salad?

Or maybe I could just make some smoked bologna...

Nothing on the calendar. As long as I don't lose another employee, I should be able to make it. Hmmm...what to bring? Crudite platter? Steamed green beans? Tofu Bean sprout salad?

Stop being such a tease! Just bring a gallon of spicy and some brisket burnt ends and all will be well. :nod:

And some smoked bologna too.

:biggrin1:

Just kidding - whatever you want to bring is fine, we'll all be happy to see you again!

:thumb:

I *might* have another employee for you.

If you're smoking the tofu and putting spicy sauce on that salad, I'd eat it!
I was just running through the whole thread and it looks like we'll be eating very good as usual. I've had a rough go of things since mid-August. Was doing pretty good around the time of Greg's pig pickin', then kind of took a wrong turn. Seem to be headed the right direction again, so I'm 99% sure I'll be making it. I'll bring jalapeno dip and chips to munch on while things are cooking and maybe a dessert. Looking forward to hanging with everyone.

Seems like we're going to have a LOT of desserts at this one...

:shock:

OK, here's what we have so far in terms of head count and who's bringing what:

Moose and Missus: Pinto Beans, Roadside Chicken, BS Pizza Oven
Greg: WSM, Kettle, Plates, napkins, forks, knives. Picanha dessert
Frognot: Sausage, Dessert
SmokinJohn: Mac n Cheese
Marty: Chips and dip, desserts
Evil-G: Ribs, beverages
Sako: Hunsaker Drum, Skewers & Pizza
Neil: Tofu Bean Sprout Salad :biggrin1:
Tom B& Mrs B: Tater salad, Tri-Tip, wood
SoCalJWS: Weber Jumbo Joe
Tony Johnson: PBC
Silverfinger: Food
Mtbchip(?): dessert

I think we should be OK with cookers. There's also a Broil King gasser and a 22 Weber kettle on the property. We'll definitely need charcoal, coolers, cooking utensils for those who are bringing cookers, beverages, and ice!

Last edited:
I'll be bringing what's listed plus a couple tables & some charcoal - briqs and lump. I'll also throw some knives, a couple cutting boards, & a couple charcoal chimneys in the van.

Life has been farking hectic lately and I'm really looking forward to chowing down and goofing off with my Brethren Brothers! :whoo:

Back