.99 spares

Brian in So Cal

Babbling Farker
Defrosted pork spareribs at Stater Bros for .99 on Fri, Sat an Sunday only. The butcher gives them to me in the cryo still frozen, for later use. Its great to know the butcher!!:-D

I sure wish there was a Stater Bros and Wallys World here in Pasadena.

Brian, your jerky was good. I think I will try mine a little thinner and a little longer in the smoker, still can't believe you get that as dehydrated as you did in 90 mints!

With the economy the way it is...you have to love those prices. Great Deal..load up the freezer

With the economy the way it is...you have to love those prices. Great Deal..load up the freezer

You mean like this!!:-D

1008049-1.jpg

You mean like this!!:-D

1008049-1.jpg

That kinda looks like the same freezer as mine... except mine isn't quite that full yet... almost though. I am always on the lookout for sales, markdowns, etc. If there is even a chance I can squeeze it in, I will get it... Cheaper is always better than full price. :biggrin:

Bought 2 cryo packs last night and cooking them today for some of my classmates tonight for final night of classes. Didn't want to break into my freezer stash.

Saw Smart and Final has fresh Farmer John spares for $1.59...haven't cooked them before, don't know how "unadulterated" they are.

SWEET! Thanks for the heads-up! I am heading there after work today. I always get a little bit of a weird look from the butcher when I ask for a couple of the cryovacked packages.... butts or ribs.

SWEET! Thanks for the heads-up! I am heading there after work today. I always get a little bit of a weird look from the butcher when I ask for a couple of the cryovacked packages.... butts or ribs.

Smokenvic, You want a wierd look? Ask them if they will St Louis style them and pull of the membrane!!!:mrgreen:

OOPS That isn't a wierd look it is a nasty look!!!:icon_devil:-D

Back