Bacon!!

rexster314

is one Smokin' Farker
190 pounds of bellies smoked yesterday. Be slicing the up starting today
eb7cbef6c013ec08596b0f22fdff1bc4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That is one lucky cooler! I am envious to be able to hold as much bacon...:hungry:

Cold or hot smoked? Looks cold smoked to me.

I'm hot smoking 5pounds of bacon atm. 1st time with my Yoder, curious how it's going to compare with my Traeger smoked bacon.

That's a lot of bacon :-D

Did you cure it, too? Can you tell us more about the recipe and process?

Well, you know you can't make real bacon without curing it. I use the Digging Dog Farm's bacon calculator. With my setting of 2% salt and 1% sugar (brown, I use). It's perfect because I don't have to soak the bellies after 7 days in the cure. Form pellicle, then smoke till I get a golden color with the AMNTS, usually around 6 hours. Chill till firm, then slice. Any seasonings I add before packaging using my Vacmaster 320. Chipotle, Habanero, Carolina Reaper or just plain black pepper.

Well, you know you can't make real bacon without curing it. I use the Digging Dog Farm's bacon calculator. With my setting of 2% salt and 1% sugar (brown, I use). It's perfect because I don't have to soak the bellies after 7 days in the cure. Form pellicle, then smoke till I get a golden color with the AMNTS, usually around 6 hours. Chill till firm, then slice. Any seasonings I add before packaging using my Vacmaster 320. Chipotle, Habanero, Carolina Reaper or just plain black pepper.

Thanks! Yes, I know that. I guess i was asking if you cured it yourself :-D

Beautiful mountain of bacon you made there! I also am a firm believer in adding any seasonings right at the end. Also running 2-2.5% salt here in equilibrium to avoid over-salting & need to soak.

Back