Just another newbie

lite1x

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
john
Only I am really a newbie. I have not grilled so much as a burger since about 1990, when my family moved from a house with a nice gas-fired grill on a concrete pad to a home with a 10x10 wooden deck out the kitchen door. The siding was 8" cedar and the lady of the house hinted that the first fire I built out there would be the last one.

We recently moved to a house with large wood-burning fireplaces, and back to back of one is a built in grill made from a Vestal Mfg. Co. OF-56 "outdoor fireplace." I found this community by searching and turns out that at least one of y'all has an OF-56. In between working on computers and learning to play bass I've started cleaning this "pizza baker" as my wife calls it. If I can get it going without burning the house down, I'll try my hand at cooking. When I figure out where to post my questions and a pic of the beast, I'll be looking for info. Thanks for letting me in.

Welocme, John!

Thoroughly interesting outdoor fireplace bit... throw us a bone and some visual Pr0n over in QTalk as you best this beast.

You've come to the right place.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Mostly a friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Back