MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-16-2019, 02:29 PM   #16
InThePitBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Bob

I spent a whole bunch more than $90.00 improving my skills when I started out, that seems like a pretty solid deal to me.

Besides he's a really down to earth personable sort that seems to have fun with his work and has always seemed very generous to share that knowledge with others without it always being about making a buck.

Old 05-16-2019, 02:37 PM   #17
jermoQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

If the $180 info includes all of the listed things at the bottom of the site, you have cooks, writers, film makers, Penn and Teller teaching magic and more...that would be worth it for a years worth of informational videos if you are good at sitting down to watch the stuff!

Old 05-16-2019, 02:41 PM   #18
charcoalwilly
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by InThePitBBQ View Post
Besides he's a really down to earth personable sort that seems to have fun with his work and has always seemed very generous to share that knowledge with others without it always being about making a buck.
Completely agree. Coming from a restaurant family, I was surprised at how forthcoming he was with information on the PBS series, especially considering how secretive a lot of BBQ guys are.

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-16-2019, 03:20 PM   #19
miked125
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : IG sask_bbq

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksBBQ View Post
Setting cost aside, I bet this would be pretty interesting to watch. I love listening to Aaron talk about BBQ.
Agreed.
miked125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-16-2019, 03:22 PM   #20
miked125

Name/Nickname : IG sask_bbq

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfi1234 View Post
Worth it if you do the 180 plan and enjoy the other masterclass courses. I really enjoy the Thomas Keller, Wolfgang Puck and Gordon _Ramsay classes

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
how long is each video approximately? I have been debating getting this previously for the Ramsey and Keller vids.
miked125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2019, 03:35 PM   #21
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

I really like his real goofy personality. Hard not to like him and laugh at his comments. He's right though. You can watch all you want but until you cook so many that you can't get it wrong...

I didn't get anything from the book that wasn't already known. Remember, I was born and raised in Texas. We are all taught by someone who knows and then we figure out how to make it our own. Those that think I'm crazy ain't Texans.

His taking notes comment is key. You can't get better if you don't remember what didn't work or what did work. I'd buy it just to listen to him talk. He's very entertaining.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #22
nmbbqer
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Scottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post

His taking notes comment is key. You can't get better if you don't remember what didn't work or what did work. I'd buy it just to listen to him talk. He's very entertaining.
Taking notes is something I need to get better at doing. I'm also very interested to hear a review about Aaron's master class. This *might* be what I ask for for Father's Day....
nmbbqer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2019, 05:10 PM   #23
BillN

Name/Nickname : Bill

I agree that the $180.00 all inclusive is the way to go. Even if the content of the classes is not new it would be interesting and quit a few topics are covered. Seems like there is something for everyone.
PK 360 w/Grill Grates
BillN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2019, 05:31 PM   #24
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Anytime someone who knows what they're doing is willing to talk, I'm all ears even if I heard it before. I'll give it a watch.
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2019, 05:33 PM   #25
stepheneleven
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked125 View Post
how long is each video approximately? I have been debating getting this previously for the Ramsey and Keller vids.
I think they range from 2-5 hours. Aaron’s is 4.5 hours.

Also, everyone should take note that the $180 all inclusive only lasts a year, but the $90 single class you keep forever. Something to keep in mind if you think you might want to have the Franklin class for reference in the future, and not spend another $180/$90

Old 05-16-2019, 05:55 PM   #26
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepheneleven View Post
I think they range from 2-5 hours. Aaron’s is 4.5 hours.

Also, everyone should take note that the $180 all inclusive only lasts a year, but the $90 single class you keep forever. Something to keep in mind if you think you might want to have the Franklin class for reference in the future, and not spend another $180/$90
That's need to know right there!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2019, 07:56 PM   #27
Inthewoods
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I've got his books, seen his videos. Great pitmaster without a doubt... probably way more ahead of me! But I'll hold on ta my money till Miss Lady throws up a cooking video!
And ya all would fall over yerself ta pay that, lol!!

-D
Inthewoods is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2019, 08:53 PM   #28
walden97
Got rid of the matchlight.

I bought an all access Masterclass pass for my wife for Christmas (big fan of Thomas Keller). Little did I know it would be the gift that keeps on giving!!!
walden97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2019, 10:15 PM   #29
cfi1234

Name/Nickname : Smokin' Chemtrails

Quote:
It's different depending on the person... Some Thomas Keller ones are like 50mins long whereas most of Ramsay's are around 25...it also comes with a workbook/recipe book that covers everything you are learning in the videos... So far I haven't seen a bad one yet... All of them have been fantastic

Old 05-16-2019, 10:17 PM   #30
cfi1234

Name/Nickname : Smokin' Chemtrails

Quote:
Also that's per episode... Not per video group... Each class has anywhere from 12 to 30 videos... Again, it differs on whoes class it is