I hope you come through and do the right thing.
That being said, if you are as behind as you say you are it seems your time would be more wisely spent producing smokers than posting about building smokers.

I very seldom post advertisement about building smokers. I do post pics of smokers leaving to show those waiting that work is being completed and shipped and I'm not sitting idly by.
And the only reason I'm even on this forum is to defend myself against statements made that are not true. If you have read it I just joined about a week or so ago. And only because I was being called a scammer! I will always speak up for myself busy or not busy!

I read your excuses in an earlier post.
You also promised to return his "deposit". How about the earning potential of his money you have held for this long? No mention of that. He could have invested that money in any number of financial vehicles. Without a consideration for that, he has still been robbed.

I have known Donnie Boston for several years. During that time I have purchased 4 different units from him. His build quality is always excellent. Yes, he is behind and has experienced a lot of personal issues. It has been my experience with every pit builder to make a deposit when you order, then the balance when it goes to paint. I actually have another unit being refurbished and plans for another new build. If you are in a hurry go buy a unit sitting on the showroom floor. Yes folks Donnie wears his feelings on his sleeve and stays behind. Why is he behind and why do people continue to order, price and quality.

I read your excuses in an earlier post.
You also promised to return his "deposit". How about the earning potential of his money you have held for this long? No mention of that. He could have invested that money in any number of financial vehicles. Without a consideration for that, he has still been robbed.

Yes he deposit will be returned in full. Which is unusual for most any custom fabrication company. I'm not a production shop that builds the same model over and over and can just sell it to the next person in line. But I agreed to give the deposit because of the situation.
So you are all welcome to sit back and judge me based on a version of the story, but how can you make a proper judgement until you know the entire situation?
Again I see that this is a guilty until proven innocent forum. And that's sad with as many very satisfied customers that I have and will continue to have as long as I CHOOSE to stay in business.
All I'm saying is don't be so quick to pass judgement not only just on me but on anyone until you know the story. That's the problem with social media and internet no one takes anything into consideration if it's on Facebook or the computer it must be true.....

Seems to me it's about time to leave this guy alone. He has admitted to making a mistake. Give him the chance to make it right.

We have never walked a day in his shoes. Continuing to pile insults on is not helping anything.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have known Donnie Boston for several years. During that time I have purchased 4 different units from him. His build quality is always excellent. Yes, he is behind and has experienced a lot of personal issues. It has been my experience with every pit builder to make a deposit when you order, then the balance when it goes to paint. I actually have another unit being refurbished and plans for another new build. If you are in a hurry go buy a unit sitting on the showroom floor. Yes folks Donnie wears his feelings on his sleeve and stays behind. Why is he behind and why do people continue to order, price and quality.

Wow! Thank you very much Sir!
Your kind words and support is greatly appreciated

Seems to me it's about time to leave this guy alone. He has admitted to making a mistake. Give him the chance to make it right.

We have never walked a day in his shoes. Continuing to pile insults on is not helping anything.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thank you as well

Guys just a thought. Cool it. The more I look into this the more it seems that the guy is telling the truth. At least give him 30 days to make it right.

I totally get there have been alot of dead beats as of late but I really dont think this is the case this time. I think whats going on is he didnt communicate well with his customers. I think he has alot on his plate.

Good Luck Donnie.

Guys just a thought. Cool it. The more I look into this the more it seems that the guy is telling the truth. At least give him 30 days to make it right.

I totally get there have been alot of dead beats as of late but I really dont think this is the case this time. I think whats going on is he didnt communicate well with his customers. I think he has alot on his plate.

Good Luck Donnie.

Thank you sir! At least a few are starting to understand. Yes I was wrong, but I'm human I make mistakes. But definitely not a thief or scammer

I am not making excuses for the guy but, if he was indeed a scammer WTH would he be on here. If the guy says he’s gonna do right let’s give it the chance. He said he made a mistake..

Not guilty until proven innocent on this site.
I've commented only on the facts in this thread.
Good luck to you sir.

Not guilty until proven innocent on this site.
I've commented only on the facts in this thread.
Good luck to you sir.

The only fact is that I'm late delivering his smoker, I didn't communicate with him as I should have, and I'm sending him a refund!

Thirty days? How was that calculated? You're just giving yourself a month to further delay things.

If dude wants a refund, write the damn check. That takes 15 minutes, not 30 days.

That is a reasonable time, as I stated these are custom smokers not production smokers.
But no matter my answer some will still find something to try and bash me about.

That is a reasonable time, as I stated these are custom smokers not production smokers.
But no matter my answer some will still find something to try and bash me about.

Dude wants his money back, 'custom smokers' is irrelevant here. Takes < 15 minutes to send a refund; 'custom smokers' doesn't award you 30 additional days over and above your previous delays.

Dude wants his money back, 'custom smokers' is irrelevant here. Takes < 15 minutes to send a refund; 'custom smokers' doesn't award you 30 additional days over and above your previous delays.

15 mins if you've got the funds to issue a refund. :sad:

With that said, seems like BuiltRite is trying to make it right so lets cut him a tiny bit of slack as he seems to be in a bind. We all fall sometimes and takes a while to get back up on our feet.

Only way to redeem is if OP gets his refund within the time frame promised on here.

Back