A Few Comal Tacos

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I took a last minute camping trip to the lake over Memorial weekend. Friends came up from Texas and we spent a few days fishing.

OwU3UpP.jpg

I prepared some beef cheeks at home to save time.

Bkh3lIM.jpg

Used the double burner this time..
heated the beef cheeks, sauteed some peppers and onions...

A7FsQxD.jpg

We were in a hurry, a storm was heading our way, so we started cooking the shrimp on the other burner to speed things up..

MmwM0bR.jpg

0uZLpvn.jpg

We cooked everything in the center of the comal then kept it warm around the side.
We went through a ton of tortillas...

mZEZkif.jpg

bvRa9IU.jpg

I always try one of each, a beef cheek taco and a shrimp taco.

Not the best pics, but I was in a hurry. lol

vTzkBes.jpg

3PG7UUS.jpg

We ended up diving for cover when the storm hit, but we were able to enjoy the rest of the night by the fire.

VkVC2UV.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks Titch! It was nice to get some fishing and camping in. :-D

I just forgot about everything that's wrong with this world. Thanks Neighbor!

You want me making tacos now. Not kidding! :becky:

lol Thanks Neighbor! I'm glad I was able to take your mind off things for a minute.
Keep safe out there!

There's nothing quite like tacos on a camping trip, especially when followed by a hot fire. One of my favorite things. Excellent job, Jeanie!

This immediately poppled into my head, which I probably haven't even thought about since junior high school.

Anyway - the matter hand - tacos! Love those! Your beef cheek recipe on your blog is a household favorite here & I'd love to get a hold of them skrimps. Just lovely, Jeanie!

Hope all is well over there - I'm sure it's much quieter than here! :shocked:

Jeanie, Here it is, first thing in the morning and all I can think of is Tacos!!!!
That looks fantastic and also very peaceful, what a way to spend a couple of days!!
Thanks for the pics!

Anybody else want tacos for breakfast right now?

Not the best pics, but I was in a hurry. lol
Anybody else laugh when they read this?

Friends came up from Texas and we spent a few days fishing.
Any openings on the friends from Texas list? BTW, my wife is a country girl and always outfishes me (I think it's a patience thing).

Jeanie those look so GOOD!!! ~I love tacos, doesn't get any better than beef cheeks no doubt those were amazing.

Back