Alas, brisket, we hardly knew ye...

Mikhail

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
$7 a pound for choice to prime packers here in Cincinnati. With a normal trim that brings brisket up to $9-10 a pound.

How are prices where you are?

$6.99/lb for Prime at my Sam's about 2 weeks ago....no idea what it is now.

Two things I’m not going to chase, Brisket & Blanton’s. Wild Turkey And Pork Butt’s will see me through

Life’s to short for part time friends

Two things I’m not going to chase, Brisket & Blanton’s. Wild Turkey And Pork Butt’s will see me through

Life’s to short for part time friends

Yeah....but when I finally have a cooker coming where I can cook a real whole brisket! :cry: Alas, I'll have to use the small farm raised one that's in the freezer, till they come back...

So wife had a few needs from the grocery store. Dropped her at the door of one of those family neighborhood WalMart- not a super center. Casual reminders of situational awareness, asked her to grab a bottle of olive oil I have come to like.
Anything else??
Do a drive by on the Beef and if there’s a brisket under $30 get it. We laughed
Joke's on us. A Walmart Smitty Jones Select Full Packer for 24.97

I paid 3.99 for a choice recently. That was nearing my cringe level for choice. It’s hard to tell if price per pound or total cost is activating the gag reflex. Full packer under $50. Doable.
A Ulysses S Grant Federal Reserve note can only go so far in life.
An afternoon of smoke, beverage and good eats can be justified for $50.

Last edited:
6.29 for Choice and 7.19 for primes in my area. The few briskets in the case were all massive too. Really missing the 12ish pounders at 3.49 a pound i could find not too long ago

$6.28 for prime at my Sam's. They had a beautiful one in the counter, thickest flat I have ever seen on one, $101.00. I didn't have to run it by the wife, no way I would pay that knowing that the hike is temporary.....right?

Last time I checked (a few weeks ago), I found choice whole packers at Wally World for 2.96/lb. I snapped up a 17-plus pounder for a shade over 50 bucks. My local store has carried either selects or choice at right around $3/lb for years. I buy whenever they have choice, pass when they have selects. I'm in west-by-god-virginia.

Stocked up on Memorial Day sale of choice ones for $1.67/lb at Kroger's.

No briskets today at Wal-Mart. :sad: I dont ever look at or buy stew meat, but it caught my eye...it was $6.95 / lb. That seems ridiculous to me....

The krogers near us (45 min) didnt have briskets on sale like that...or at least not advertised online.

Lol, here in New York City that’s the price per pound of a cheap London broil even during normal times.

I once paid $25/lb for a 2.5lb tri tip. Never again!

Oh my how I yearn for the $7/lb brisket!!

I love brisket but it's not something I cook often. I'm fairly alarmed though that St Louis spares are getting harder to find lately. I gotta have my ribs.

Back