THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm not sure I'll get a chance to, it's about 9 degrees right now. It's not going to change much over the weekend. But I got a 6.5 lb picnic on standby.

I'm going to try and procure the necessary ingredients for some of those kalbi ribs that landarc posted about. That looks good to me, and my wife isn't a huge fan of anything with bbq sauce on it......ssssshhhhhh don't tell anyone that, I know I'm the ONLY one who has that problem. But she does love teriyaki food - so we'll give it a whirl and see how it goes. Also gonna try and figure out how to seal my UDS, so I don't waste so much lump charcoal.

-5 degrees when I lit the coals this morning. Ribs, Loin, Butt.

I'm putting a pork butt in the brine when I get home from work tonight and plan to cook it plus a half dozen rack of ribs tomorrow. We've got some friends coming over and my kids have been asking me to make some ribs. I may put together a fatty too depending on what is laying around the fridge.

It is going to be a balmy 25 degrees tomorrow in Houston so I am going to fire up my WSM tonight and hug it until I go to bed.

Everything is covered in snow and for some reason ( all of you here) I figured I better fire up a grill.

Tonight it's chichen on Kegrilla. :)

Hope I haven't lost my mojo.

I'm planning on doing a second attempt at baby back ribs, smoked on my weber q. I have a plan that involves getting the wood chips under the grates and using my roasting rack in combo with the bun rack so the ribs have more room.

I'm workin al weekend this weekend, but I am doing some pulled pork next Thursday for a dinner we are having, my boss is in own and has a craving for pulled pork. I told him I needed the day off to do it and he was cool with that!!! It'll be cold, its winter in Canada so it'll likely be below -15*C but that's what the old fridge smoker is for, she's insulated and works great summer or winter!!!

We're supposed to get a high of around 30 this weekend. I think I'm going to throw a bunch of ribs on the cooker and see how they do. If I could find a decent supply of jalapenos, I'd make a bunch of ABTs too.

If I can't get the japs, I'm going to go with wings.

JD--You making something special to celebrate the new jobby job?

I have an 'Innards' throwdown to enter!:twisted:

I'm gonna lightly smoke a butterflied leg of lamb somewhat like the "Thrill of the Grill" grilling recipe. It has been rubbed with kosher salt, black pepper, garlic, sage, basil, and rosemary. It's waiting to be tied and put on the LBGE for dinner tonight. Gonna use the TRex method of searing very hot at first, then take it off to rest while I cool down the egg, then put it back on until it hits 140 internal.

Pron at 11:00. :biggrin:

I'm doing a Pork Butt right now and tommorow it's off to Ocean Shores for the Wife
s birthday.

I need to try my hand at smoked cheese. The weather sure is right for cold smoking. :-D Just not too sure if this old nasty cold of mine will go away in time to smoke some this weekend. :frown:

Papa

. .
Almost done :)

2ldvj1k.jpg

-5 degrees when I lit the coals this morning. Ribs, Loin, Butt.
Ha ha, little warmer in the valley here than the Was. Back. I am doing 5 cornish hens, a rack of ribs and trying my first set of MOINK balls!!! Great start to the weekend.

Back