Happy Friday Brethren...What's Smokin' This Weekend?...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Friday Night Steaks tonight...Prime Rib-Eyes...:p
Saturday...Baby Backs, Chicken, Tri-tip, and Sausage for a local comp...:biggrin:
Sunday is up to the boss...:lol::lol::lol:

Have a great wekend folks! :-D

Helping out a friend with a birthday party for his son... Doing up 16 slabs of Baby Backs tomorrow... Not sure what is on the menu for Sunday...

Somewhere around 300-350 lbs of pork butt, a few hundred burgers, and a case or so of baby backs. Don and I are vending in Ankeny IA this weekend to make some money to help pay for the rest of the comp season. Don also has a catering gig on Sunday night - not sure what sides he's making for that.

Having a friend's birthday party Saturday night. Doing three shoulders about 7# each, three racks of pork ribs, 1 rack of beef ribs, and an 11 # brisket.

Drunken chicken, 2 butts and 2 2lb fatties one stuffed one not.

Gonna try my first fatties,and either a prime rib or a few nice rybeyes

This will be my first attempt at "Moink Balls", some brats, trash bag taters, zucchini and crooked neck squash sliced in half with EVOO and garlic salt and Montreal seasonings...

I am going to smoke a brisket and my first attempt at some Moink Balls. :-D

Taco Friday tonight (Pulled pork taco's that is)

KC Strips Sat.

Baby Backs Sunday

Fast food I think. :shock:

JK, I'm trying my 1st drunken chicken as we speak. It should be done........about........now!!!

I took pics too.

Have to work tomorrow and Sunday so to a local restaurant tonight - great outdoor patio and the biggest and best wings I have had anywhere period! I like the garlic / Parmesan version with a side of hot sauce - One dozen is a complete meal so me and the wife split an order. Will try and get some pron 4 you.

Got some shrimp marinating in olive oil, lemon. garlic and hot sauce for grilling tomorrow night and Sunday burgers with a thick slice of Bermuda onion hiding in the middle.

Chicken thighs marinating in hot sauce, lime juice and apple cider vinegar to smoke/grill tomorrow.

Lightly smoked Salmon Filets topped with crispy grilled Venison Bacon. :wink:

This will be my first attempt at "Moink Balls", some brats, trash bag taters, zucchini and crooked neck squash sliced in half with EVOO and garlic salt and Montreal seasonings...

Trash bag taters? Please elaborate.

Canadian Bacon. Been curing all week. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Not sure, maybe I will try a brisket, never done one before and that hot and fast method might be the thing to get me to try one. The neighbor has been asking about all the smoke coming from the backyard lately.

Will be doing a full on practice comp cook in the back yard getting ready for my first comp in a few weeks. 18 chicken thighs, 4 slabs of ribs, 1 x 14lb packer brisket and 2 x 7lb pork butts. i will post pron over the weekend as it goes along.

Best part will be dealing with the bears in the middle of the night trying to get at all that good Que.

Back