Nashville in October- Non BBQ suggestions?

Untraceable

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Making a trip to Nashville to see Isbell at the Ryman. What are the cool spots? Wife has been there a couple times so she knows about the music, but Im looking for the grub.

Hearing..

Hattie B's
Puckett's in Franklin
Urban Grub

Just looking for the unique holes

Thanks

Burgers? The Pharmacy!

Tacos/Mexican? Mas Tacos!

These two joints are actually really close to each other.

Haven't been, but it's on my list.

Loveless Cafe
Martin's BBQ
Peg Leg Porker

Not food, but the Men's Bathroom at the Hermitage Hotel is supposed to be a sight to see. I hear they allow ladies in just to look at it.

Nashville

I like Hattie B's for hot chicken. Monell's at the Manor has great family style fried chicken. The Southern Steak and Oyster is awesome- they have a brined, smoked and finished on the grill, bone in pork chop that is unbelievable.

Eric

Thanks guys, Tried making a reservation at Husk, but it was too far out yet still lol

Really liked Hattie B's and Puckett's in Franklin a lot. There is a Puckett's in Nashville (maybe the original?)

On the flight home. Visited...

Puckett’s- loved it. Went there 2x actually. Breakfast buffet was great
Pharmacy- really cool backyard. Burger was great
Mas Taco- just peeked in. Smelled great. Just across the street from the Pharmacy
Jackalope brewing- Had some brews. Nothing special, close to Third Man Records.
Party Fowl- next door to Jackalope. Had the hot chicken. Loved it.
Nashville Biscuit House. Awesome, a must visit for breakfast
Husk- very nice place. Enjoyed the visit. Huge whiskey list. Food was great, had a Bob Woods country ham appetizer that was an eye opener. Def a nice place with good food, but overall, I was sort of underwhelmed.

Edit- Though I loved the experience, Husk was a let down overall when compared to the $$$$. For small plates, we had the Beef Tartar which was presented very oddly, under fried string potatoes (good, but made for a difficult eating experience), Bob Woods Country ham+Cheddar biscuit and pickled veggies (great), Grilled wings w/ Alabama White sauce (Wings were actually burnt, poorly executed. no different than burnt wings on a grill at home plus it wasn't much of a Alabama white sauce). Main entrée was Pork Prime Rib roast and Sweet potato with Peanuts. I wish I had a picture because the presentation was garbage, the Pork was excellent but only about a 7oz slice for $32-$34. No reason that couldn't have been a 20oz slice and not looked like a 1/2" slice of bland pork. $300 meal after drinks and tip for the 2 of us. Not my first $300 experience but I've had better for half of that.

Last edited:
Also worth noting was there is a crazy tax on hard liquor it seems there. The Craft beers were very reasonably priced, but the liquor drinks were out of control proportionally. Average Craft beer was about 6 bucks, average cocktail 12 bucks.

And Broadway st..... Kind of the tourist central part of town was crazy. Looked like Mardi Gras. I guess Nashville has become the Bachelor/Bachelorette capitol of the world. Checking it out during the daytime was a little easier to get into places. Fun to see at night, but not fun to try going into the places.

Country Music Hall of Fame. Took the Studio B tour. Neat. I guess things change depending on who the featured artists are, but I was shocked at the lack of Waylon/George Jones memorabilia. Studio B tour was worth it if you are into that history of music and Elvis.

Johnny Cash museum exceeded expectations. I thought it might be gimmicky, but it was filled with incredible pieces of his history, like childhood report cards, letters, ect. A lot of stuff Im shocked that was kept. I enjoyed Cash museum more than the hall of fame, and Im not a "huge" cash fan by any means.

Caught Jason Isbell at the Ryman. religious experience

Uber was super convenient and cheap.

If I were to make a suggestion, Id plan my next trip to Nashville during the week and then somewhere in East Nashville. All the cool places to visit are outside of the downtown, and with how cheap and abundant Uber was, visiting Broadway/Painters alley is easy.

Wings at peg leg porkers. Dry rubbed and tossed in hot. Life changing....

I honestly would have refused the plate if I was being charged $40-50 for it! I've seen better presentation with the steaks at IHOP.

Well, I was on vacation trying to have a nice meal with the wife and I was actually fine going into the entry though the wings were a fail. When the plates were brought out, I had a massive wtf is look. The pork was very delicious, no doubt, but a friggin 1/2” pork steak and a peanut covered turd looking sweet potato. Seriously? Sean Brock was actually in town Sunday too though I didn’t see him at the restaurant personally. Was scolded for lighting a cigar outside too apparently too close to the building. The longer I think about it, the more it burns

Nice write up of your trip. We go to Nashville once or twice a year. Love the atmosphere.

Martin's BBQ is our favorite place there. Followed by The Pharmacy and Maniac's

Back