MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #526
Arlin_MacRae
somebody shut me the fark up.

Sorry I missed your stop in OKC today, GTR! I was on my way east by air.

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 08-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #527
deguerre

Me to Arlin, he was in Memphis today too but we couldn't make a visit.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #528
Smokeass
Knows what a fatty is.

I purchased my subscription today. I'm very new here and I must say this place is awesome!! I know I ask the same questions that have been asked a million times here, but I've always felt welcomed. The atmosphere created by Phil, the moderator's, and senior members is outstanding. I enjoyed reading about the "creation" of the bretheren... very good reading and funny too. I will gladly keep subscribing!!
16' Homemade comp trailer, [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]Pitmaker BBQ Safe[/COLOR][/FONT], Homemade offset patio smoker, 22" Weber Kettle, [COLOR=magenta]Proud owner of the ugliest UDS Ever aka. Frank.[/COLOR]
Smokeass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #529
SmooveB
Got rid of the matchlight.

Talking Thanks

I spent a few hours looking at this site and concluded my visit with a quick purchase of a subscription. It's the best money I've spent starting my new food truck business.
As several have said--well worth the cost of the subscription.
SmooveB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #530
Smokin Rebel
Got rid of the matchlight.

Great site.. I'm in!
Smokin Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #531
Rando991
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

This is a critique of the forum. Most forums allow you to see your own posts through your user control panel. This one apparently only lets admins search posts. I posted a question a week ago, and now can't find it to see if there's an answer. normally, I would "search all posts by rando991," but it won't allow me to do so.

Also, since I'm new to the forum (BUT not new to forums in general), I searched for answers to some issues I am interested in, but can't reply to the post because it is so many days old. What I am finding out, is this is a good forum, but information is button holed so tight, it makes it pretty useless...just try to ask a question that has a whole post devoted to it and watch everyone say "refer to this post" but when you do, you can't ask any questions because the thing has closed out. What would make this were to be a GREAT forum? Answer: 1) allow users to view all their own posts. 2) Don't close out topics because they are old. Too bad I won't see any responses to this, because in a week, I'll forget where I posted this critique. So I probably won't see your answer. I wish I could though...
Rando991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #532
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando991 View Post
This is a critique of the forum. Most forums allow you to see your own posts through your user control panel. This one apparently only lets admins search posts. I posted a question a week ago, and now can't find it to see if there's an answer. normally, I would "search all posts by rando991," but it won't allow me to do so.

Also, since I'm new to the forum (BUT not new to forums in general), I searched for answers to some issues I am interested in, but can't reply to the post because it is so many days old. What I am finding out, is this is a good forum, but information is button holed so tight, it makes it pretty useless...just try to ask a question that has a whole post devoted to it and watch everyone say "refer to this post" but when you do, you can't ask any questions because the thing has closed out. What would make this were to be a GREAT forum? Answer: 1) allow users to view all their own posts. 2) Don't close out topics because they are old. Too bad I won't see any responses to this, because in a week, I'll forget where I posted this critique. So I probably won't see your answer. I wish I could though...

We dont ever close threads. You probably have the 'forum display' setting set to 3 days or less. The bottom left of each forum has a display setting. Set it to a longer period.

You can also change the default permanently in your userCP.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #533
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando991 View Post

Some features are tied into the various subscription levels. Subscription info is here...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/payments.php

With the basic subscription you get access to the built in forum search and that enables seeing your own posts. Without a subscription there is a Google search near the bottom of the page the everyone can use to find posts.

Also, there is a FAQ here...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/faq.php

As far as replying to topics older than 60 days, there is a check box in the reply form that you have to check to acknowledge that you know that you are posting to and older thread. We've had some folks post a reply to something that is years old thinking that it was brand new and it can be very confusing. If you want to reply to an older thread just check that box and your reply will be posted.

I hope that you see this because there really is a great deal of information here and if you take a little time to get used to the forum I think you'll feel more at home.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #534
Mrfish
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ron

Subscribed this week. Great site. No doubt in the short time here making me a better Q man.
Mrfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #535
deguerre

Love it! I got to page three on a cook thread with NO pics.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #536
Clayfish
Full Fledged Farker

Been around a while and only just bought a subscription

I've got far more out of here than I've been able to put back in, great place to hang out!
22" WSM, 22" OTG, [COLOR=navy][B]Jumbo Joe[/B][/COLOR], WSJ, Mini WSM, WGA, Maverick ET-732, [COLOR=red][B]Red [/B][/COLOR]Thermapen and a twelve year old gasser which hasn't come out of the shed since I got a taste of charcoal!
Clayfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #537
HickoryJ
Knows what a fatty is.

short answer, but sincere...YES!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #538
plakers
Full Fledged Farker

Default Great site

Been here for a short while, learned alot, ponied up today because I want to help support the site.

Thanks to those who provide all the effort needed and thanks to all the brethren that keep this site awesome.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:33 AM   #539
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : D

I subscribed, because it's the brothary thing to do, plus it's a great site thanks to all for the upkeep on it!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #540
funman1
On the road to being a farker

Anyone else notice Welcome is misspelled between "Smoke Signal Magazine" and "Merchandise" on the top nav` bar?
:)