My New Weber Smokefire EX6

rexster314

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Got the front shelves put together and installed. Was the only thing left to do before doing the initial burn in. Definitely need a pair of needlenose pliers to put that hitch pin in.
The wheels are the replacement casters. Each wheel has a brake on it and the grill rolls like a dream. When you look at the hopper picture, you can see the slick acrylic tape I applied to the ramp.
I took a few pics before lighting it up, Cleanest it will ever be. I ran a Fireboard ambient probe on the grill very close to the Weber ambient probe. Interesting to say the least. During a blast up to 500 deg, there was at one time a 60 deg difference with the Fireboard showing higher temps. As the cooker approached the 500 deg target, the temp difference started getting smaller and smaller until there was a 4 degree difference with the Fireboard showing slightly higher. So I'm pleased with the temps the cooker will have once it starts to stabilize at the target temp.
After that, I began a Smokeboost session. Temps ranged from 130 deg to around 160 deg. during this session as shown on my Fireboard.

https://youtu.be/gumsqTXMWMw

2020-12-04-13-14-12-jpg.473706
2020-12-04-12-17-31-jpg.473705

2020-12-04-12-16-23-jpg.473704

2020-12-04-12-17-00-jpg.473703

Last edited:
Nice! Look forward to seeing and hearing more!!! :)

Enjoy your new Weber. Can’t wait to see what you make first!

I bit as well during the Weber sale that started on Cyber Monday. How was assembly? Any tips? Mine gets here Sunday!

Also curious if Smokefire owners keep their grill covered? I bought the cover, but it will live on a partially covered patio, and would prefer to leave it without the cover as I grill a lot!

Rock on Rex!!!

Local Ace has each Gen 2 unit discounted $200

I bit as well during the Weber sale that started on Cyber Monday. How was assembly? Any tips? Mine gets here Sunday!

Also curious if Smokefire owners keep their grill covered? I bought the cover, but it will live on a partially covered patio, and would prefer to leave it without the cover as I grill a lot!

Assembly took place over 2 days as my schedule didn't work out right. I also did a few slight mods during assembly. The acrylic tape laid down on the pellet ramp to make a slicker surface. 5" wheels to replace the smaller factory wheels. Makes a lot of difference when moving the grill. And the Weber side and front shelves which are a month.

And I got the cover also. I'll use it when rain is forecast.

Thats as shiny as a new car, looks great

Is it just my imagcination or is the cooking grate level pretty dang low?
Ed

Congrats love my EX6. With the upgraded auger etc mine has been pretty much flawless and the results have been great. It really is an all in one grill/smoker.

Back