Introducing The Most Affordable Gravity Fed Insulated Cabinet Smoker on the Market

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Supposed to be $1200-$1250 at Academy. Academy ordered 30 Units to Start to See if they Sell. Alejandro does not know which Stores will get them because he is shipping 30 units to Academy Distribution center by January 1. It’s up to Academy if they order more or not - there is a chance there’s only gonna be 30 ever available.
14 gauge. Bottom Half of Chute is 3/16”. 2” insulation except door is 1” insulation. Skins are welded in Corners then sheet metal screws - to keep production costs down to meet Academy Price restrictions. He said it’s been a major job to get this smoker worked out with Academy and the initial order done.

0fe3cd510e390414ba84a1718a37f972.jpg
c7fddc791ced8091dfdcb7e8a404f9f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I can't wait to see one in person. That price is perfect at half the next builder.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did they use some type of sealant where it wasn’t welded? I’d worry about moisture.

Also what are the dimensions and rack size? Is the bottom rack even usable.

Did they use some type of sealant where it wasn’t welded? I’d worry about moisture.

I’m still 2 hours from home - I’ll measure grates n smoker tomorrow

I don’t believe they used any sealant but I don’t know for sure

Last edited:

Good question. Does Humphrey's or other builders that rivet use sealer? I bet ebijack can answer this...

The bottom rack is way too hot on a lot of GF cookers. I like the design of the extra wide baffle/deflector. It should help keep the bottom rack somewhat usable. At least it does on my T&K.

I’d ask a Shirley to teach them what a weld looks like, that first pic looks like what I welded in FFA in lower Bama in the 80s, though to be fair I ain’t touched a welder since then. And yes I’m drinking in and expect to get hammered for being a d###, and I reserve the right to change my mind about that top weld when I sober up. Lol

Back