• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What is everyone using for hot wing sauce?

QandHacksAllDay

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Either made or purchased.... Looking for some good options. The bbq place near here smokes then quickly fries his wings and tosses in sauce. Awesome traditional style sauce or habanero cherry sauce, both of which are awesome. Going to try to do some wings this week either on the gasser or pbc and looking for some reccomendations.

Any suggestions for sauce are appreciated.

Big Butz "NO BUTZ" sauce or Kinders XXX make good sauces for HOT Wings. Dust them w/ a little PBYB & ample amounts of HDD, then stand back and enjoy the fireworks. These are not your typical LA hot sauce style wings, but good none the less. Good luck on your next cook.

Gracias,
JT

I go 50/50 hot bbq sauce (Kinders XXX) and frank red hot sauce. I add a little melted butter and honey and simmer.

I love a LOT of different sauces!

But, the simplest sauce that makes a return over and over again is "The rule of three" sauce. It's simply equal parts of honey, sriracha and melted butter. The beauty of this sauce is that it's delicious on its own, but is extremely accepting to any extra heat or other flavors you might wanna add to make it your own.

Personally, I always just season my wings with salt, pepper & garlic powder then smoke them over high heat (325-350) and then toss them in sauce.

I make it easy and get the store bought wing sauce. We like the spicy garlic, sweet chili and any BBQ sauce that I have.

U used Frank's last time. Heat it up with butter, garlic, and some finely chopped habanero peppers. I like mine spicy, they were ok but next time I will use more peppers and let it simmer longer.

I love a LOT of different sauces!

But, the simplest sauce that makes a return over and over again is "The rule of three" sauce. It's simply equal parts of honey, sriracha and melted butter. The beauty of this sauce is that it's delicious on its own, but is extremely accepting to any extra heat or other flavors you might wanna add to make it your own.

Wow I'm gonna have to try this. It sounds great.

My standard buffalo wing sauce is 50/50 butter hot sauce with a little garlic powder and cayenne powder as needed with maybe a dash of Worcester.

I stick with Franks and butter. To my taste buds that combo is spot on.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Like the commercial... Franks. I put that s**t on everything. But I add extra garlic, butter & habanero powder.

I use lots of different things. Wings are sometimes good for finishing off ends of containers of sauce, rubs, etc. On a more regular basis, however, I tend towards rubbing with BPS bacon jalapeno rub and maybe a little HDD, grill indirect at at least 350 - I'll go to 450 or more, and toss in Frank's and butter, return to heat, maybe sauce again, heat a little more, pull, let 'em cool a little, and devour.

Not crazy hot, but I like it ----

Mix Sweet Baby Rays with Otts Wing sauce 50/50 with Crystal Louisiana hot sauce to taste for a nice thick spicy sweet BBQ wing. Want more heat? Add more Crystal. Then brush on wings during last part of cook to set like you would with any other BBQ sauce or glaze. Makes for an awesome sticky sweet, AND spicy BBQ wing!

I really like just pure Frank's. Sometimes I like adding some vindaloo curry powder and heating it up to get the spices to "melt." Adds a nice touch.

I guess I am just not that much of a sauce fan. Marinate the wing in olive oil and HDD, smoke, and sear. Great without the mess.

Wings......wings.

Man, you've just kicked up a craving that's going to end in my having to cook some wings today or tomorrow.

I like a quality wing rub and this is my second pound bag of Mad Hunky wing rub. It is great on wings and chicken and I love layering on a second type of rub over this, too.

I like Mad Hunky first and then something sweet over it. Perfecto !!!!!

s10xefB.jpg

97a7eVS.png

vzlqkf9.png

Once they are good and crispy I'll brush on a good sauce....it ranges in type....usually a quality hickory sauce that I cut a bit with apple juice.

kzdjHgm.png

Sometimes I'll go an entirely different route and bread them in some House-Autry Hot breading and grill them.....grilled-fried wings are killer !!!!!!

28pYZEz.jpg

bv7oLXT.jpg

55xMZVC.jpg

QcSXprO.jpg

Try injecting the split breasts with pickle juice and Frank's Red Hot before dredging through the House-Autry Hot breading.

EEDSJeR.jpg

9h3Eprp.jpg

Wings are one of our favorite grilling foods !!!!

i stumbled upon the flavor combo of honey and cumin a while back and it is AWESOME on wings. add cayenne to get to the heat level you want. mmmmmm

Back