MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:42 AM   #16
Wickedcajun
is One Chatty Farker

Damn fine looking grub...

Thanks from:--->

Old 10-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #17
GoBlues
Found some matches.

SD how did the temp hold with all that wind? I kept looking out the windows at all the trees blowing around but was thankful there was no rain this time. Hope the next one turns north soon.
GoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #18
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Looks danged good! Hope you and family keep safe SD.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #19
Wornslick
is one Smokin' Farker

I agree, nice looking chicken you cooked there, and hoping for the best for all who are weathering those storms. Just curious, wings go for around $2.19 a pound here, how much over there?

Baby Stumps

Blue Weber, with a table

" The sunshine bores the daylights out of me "
Wornslick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2014, 04:52 AM   #20
ShadowDriver
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlues View Post
SD how did the temp hold with all that wind?
GB - I'm fortunate that my house (over on Kadena AB) has a nice "alcove" of sorts that protects my smoker & grill on 3 sides. Don't tell the fire department, but I get my smoker and grill up under the eaves (with gutters) to protect them when the wind and rain hit during a cook. I seriously miss my stick burner, but the LP smoker just makes sense out here... held temp right well w/o many adjustments.

Hunker down... Vongfong's headed our way in the next couple of days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Looks danged good! Hope you and family keep safe SD.
Many thanks, cowgirl... means quite a bit coming from you. The house is built like a brick $**t house, and we'll be fine. CINCHOUSE and the kids will be stuck inside over the weekend, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wornslick View Post
I agree, nice looking chicken you cooked there, and hoping for the best for all who are weathering those storms. Just curious, wings go for around $2.19 a pound here, how much over there?
Wornslick, I seem to recall paying something like 600-700 yen for those 2 x 500g packets... 1kg for about (high side) $7. So... about $3.20 per pound of local chicken wings (just the drumstick pieces). I've been buying the flash frozen wings from the commissary at 5 lbs for around $10-11... but if the quality is as high as I had this past weekend, I may change my normal tune if it's just for a couple of us (vs. a big cook)!

Kind regards,
SD

Tags
BuffaloWings, chicken, wings