Rib Tickler Rub - Reverse Engineering

I like that rub, I havent seen it at HEB, now I know why. Thanks for the heads up. If you get the recipe down please post up. I did find this gem though and liked it a lot too. I like to make my own rubs but when I get lazy I like stuff on hand. It is pretty good. With a name like warpig and ham grenade how can you go wrong

https://warpigbbq.com/Ham-Grenade-p108729498

Attempt #3 was this weekend.

1/3 C Turbinado
2/3 C Light Brown
1/4 C Kosher Salt
2 Tbsp Hungarian Paprika
2 Tbsp Coarse Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Granulated Garlic
1 Tsp Red Pepper

FYI this qty is PERFECT for three slabs. Used the cabinet and apple wood again. Getting chilly here in Michigan. ��

Results? We are getting close. I think the red pepper amount needs to be set between 1/2 and 1 tsp, but other than that I’m pretty happy with the flavor. My next rib cook will probably be a side by side with my remaining Rib Tickler. I’ll try to do some pictures for comparison.

Thanks for all of the feedback! Hopefully we can get something to hold us over until Williams Co. gets everything straightened out!

Amazon now has it listed again (at inflated prices) as backordered. Hopefully this means it will be in stock again soon

I ordered this directly from their website a week ago. Should be back available now
7a78226003bd40e3066492b321238b55.jpg

Zero to hero is supposed to be a combination of smokin guns hot and Cimarron docs rubs if I remember correctly. I really like the rub, but I don't think that it is close to rib tickler. I also like the new eat bbq sweetness rub, but I don't think that it is close to rib tickler. I really like rib tickler. I hope it comes back.

I've been using Eat BBQs Zero to Hero since Rod won Ptmasters maybe 5 or so years ago. I've compared it to quite a few others but it's always been my fav on ribs. I finally quit messing with my ribs and just use Zero to Hero now. I buy in bulk and keep in deep freezer.

This Rib Tickler has me very interested hearing people say it's way better! Of course now I can't find it anywhere..

Attempt #3 was this weekend.

1/3 C Turbinado
2/3 C Light Brown
1/4 C Kosher Salt
2 Tbsp Hungarian Paprika
2 Tbsp Coarse Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Granulated Garlic
1 Tsp Red Pepper

FYI this qty is PERFECT for three slabs. Used the cabinet and apple wood again. Getting chilly here in Michigan. ��

Results? We are getting close. I think the red pepper amount needs to be set between 1/2 and 1 tsp, but other than that I’m pretty happy with the flavor. My next rib cook will probably be a side by side with my remaining Rib Tickler. I’ll try to do some pictures for comparison.

Thanks for all of the feedback! Hopefully we can get something to hold us over until Williams Co. gets everything straightened out!

Please make sure to follow up after you do your final compare!

really glad it's back, chicken tickler is a staple in my spice cabinet.

thanks

I swear I got on Williams website yesterday and it wasn't available! It's there now though. Dam $22 to ship :mmph:

Back