MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 10-13-2021, 09:54 AM   #1
jhuyser
Full Fledged Farker

Default webstaurantstore.com

I was going to place my first order ever at Webstaurantstore.com.. But then I stopped at check out, why are their shipping fees so HIGH???
jhuyser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2021, 10:43 AM   #2
NickTheGreat
is Blowin Smoke!

I ordered a GIANT pot from them this spring. The pot was 35, the lid was 11 and the shipping was 16.

I figured it was because it was big and bulky. Maybe that's just how they roll?!?!
Old 10-13-2021, 11:00 AM   #3
jhuyser
Full Fledged Farker

Ya i had 4 pounds worth of styrofoam products total was 60 bucks and shipping was 35 dollars ...
Old 10-13-2021, 11:14 AM   #4
TravelingJ
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Justin

It's pretty crazy. It isn't so bad if you order enough that the S&H evens out, but for smaller orders it's absurd. Kind of comical actually. My last order ended up being enough to PACK my SUV, and the shipping was almost nothing. The items came from like 5 different warehouses, too. And things that were already in a large box, were put inside another large box, it was so wasteful.

The really bad part, is they carry a lot of items you just can't find elsewhere. I've looked for a few things that I ended up biting the bullet on, just because the other options cost even more.
TravelingJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 11:31 AM   #5
AussieMatt
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Matt

Try looking at KaTom and see with their shipping is any cheaper. I think I went with them because it was.

Weber Original 22" - RIP
UDS
Fiskgriddle
Weber Kettle Premium - Copper
AussieMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 11:37 AM   #6
bschoen
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Bruce

I have their shipping charges to be all over the place.
bschoen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 11:42 AM   #7
jhuyser
Full Fledged Farker

Katom did a quick fake order and yes shipping was 1/2 what webstuarant was doing.. thanks for the info!! Katom is a little pricer, less quantity for same price..
Thanks from:--->