MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:17 PM   #1
flem0061
On the road to being a farker

Default 26" Performer

We had a resurgence of summer this week in MN so I took the opportunity to finish mounting my 26" Weber to the stainless steel table. Gas hook up will be next but it's a pretty low priority since a chimney, paper, and lighter will work just fine through the winter.

I also picked up a Classic Accessories cover meant for a egg/kamado with offset table - the fit is acceptable and quality is good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2426-001.JPG (204.9 KB, 698 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2428.JPG (176.1 KB, 697 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2430.JPG (168.8 KB, 696 views)

Old 10-17-2017, 11:22 PM   #2
KevinJ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Beautiful
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2017, 11:40 PM   #3
tom b
somebody shut me the fark up.

OMG so nice!

Old 10-18-2017, 12:03 AM   #4
LloydQ
is Blowin Smoke!

The back of your yard looks like a baseball diamond. That is just wrong.
LloydQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-18-2017, 12:15 AM   #5
flem0061

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydQ View Post
The back of your yard looks like a baseball diamond. That is just wrong.
That's not my yard, though my next door neighbor would appreciate your compliment! I'm more the every-other-week see how few circles I can make it around the yard at high speed on the lawn tractor kind of guy.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:22 AM   #6
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

Lots of real estate under the dome of that Weber.

Glad to hear you have plans on cold weather grilling.

Grilling season is year round (easier for me to say, I guess, with mild winters here, lol).

Old 10-18-2017, 03:23 AM   #7
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

Lots of real estate under the dome of that Weber.

Glad to hear you have plans on cold weather grilling.

Grilling season is year round (easier for me to say, I guess, with mild winters here, lol).

Old 10-18-2017, 01:15 PM   #8
flem0061

Default Winter Grilling

Many winters ago there was a billboard that hung above the Metrodome in Minneapolis that showed the current temperature outside next to a Weber kettle grill and it stated, "This is not a bear, it does not need to hibernate in the winter"... I've lived by that ever since!

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-18-2017, 01:56 PM   #9
CptKaos
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Larry

We get cold and snow and even ice here, sometimes it lasts for 2 whole days, most times it's tee shirt weather by noon
BBQ pits don't get a chance to cool down, but when it's hot you can maintain 225 with a box of kitchen matches
Larry

Old 10-18-2017, 02:00 PM   #10
Jrogers84
is One Chatty Farker

Looks great. I want to steal your idea
Jrogers84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2017, 08:47 PM   #11
McSpazatron
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flem0061 View Post
We had a resurgence of summer this week in MN so I took the opportunity to finish mounting my 26" Weber to the stainless steel table. Gas hook up will be next but it's a pretty low priority since a chimney, paper, and lighter will work just fine through the winter.

I also picked up a Classic Accessories cover meant for a egg/kamado with offset table - the fit is acceptable and quality is good.
Id love to see some details on this build. Where did you source the table?. I wonder if Weber will sell them for reasonble amount.

Im itching to get my 26incher off of its spindly legs....it's already showing signs of crazing at the cups where the legs join in.

Old 10-19-2017, 06:14 AM   #12
benniesdad
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flem0061 View Post

Great work. I have an old stainless steel Performer that doesn't get that much use that might be a candidate for this same mod. Could you tell me a little more about how you attached it to the table itself? Did you just reuse the brackets off the original 22 inch kettle that was on the Performer?

Old 10-19-2017, 10:26 AM   #13
flem0061

The build was quite simple. The table was from my green 22" performer and the brackets used the same hardware on the sides as mounted the 22". I had some 8" black flashing that I cut to fashion the three brackets; flexible enough to form to the right bend between the table and the kettle. I punched holes in the kettle using a new, sharp drill bit and mounted with stainless bolts. Painted all of the hardware with high temp gloss black. It sits higher than the 22" which I kind of like, at about the same grate level as my gasser. Now I just need to replace the bent/cracked handle that was a casualty of high winds and spindly legs in it's former life.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #14
Cook
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jay

Looks great.

For winter attire around here I typically just add a fleece vest. In the past 36 months I think I've had long pants on three times.

Old 11-12-2017, 08:50 PM   #15
flem0061

I'm a little embarrassed to say it took me this long to get a first cook on the 26" Performer but we've been out of town every weekend. I treated the family to smoky bbq mustard sweet chili wings (concoction of sauces that I wanted to get rid of in the fridge), salt and vinegar wings, and a few bbq dusted turkey burgers. All kissed with a little apple wood smoke.
IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_2567.jpg