Pizza on the Weber, need a recommendation.

Beentown

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Did a quick pizza on the Weber. Alfredo for the sauce, provolone and mozz for cheese, tomato, green pepper, shrooms, onion, bacon and sausage.

I need a recommendation for a good pizza peel. Anyone?
90e4a30639cddf6c1db7a49c4d35c883.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I honestly really like the aluminum one that came with my kettlepizza pro kit. It's thin so it's not real heavy and is easy to slide crusts on to. Pizza looks great did two today myself.

Yeah, I am hoping that Santa brings me the Kettle attachment for my Weber.

^^^^ I have one similar to that, but we also have a few of the cutting board type, they probably get used more cause the wife shapes the dough on them

so was this just a regular kettle set up with a full bed of coals and a stone under the lid? cuase if it was the only time I tried that the pine went straight to the trash, yours looks delicious. There is a pizza Thought Down going on. You should think about entering.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252545

Regular kettle with coals/hickory around the Vortex.

thanks I see it now, I might try this coals all the way around? your looks like it may be a half ring, also how long did you cook it?

Last edited:
I may have to try the vortex method. I have a kettle pizza attachment for my kettle but have only used it twice and the last time was a disaster.

I may have to try the vortex method. I have a kettle pizza attachment for my kettle but have only used it twice and the last time was a disaster.

Don't give up. There's a learning curve. I find I get much better results if i use it with a 550° stone than a 700+° stone. Once you get it you'll love it. These are 2 I did this afternoon.

I've been well served by using parchment paper between my stone and dough.

I'll grab a corner of it and slide the cooked pizza onto a pan to transfer it inside.

That being said....I don't cook my pies at super high temps (450 degrees on a ceramic kamado).

Great looking pizza you did there.

Another super peel vote!

thanks I see it now, I might try this coals all the way around? your looks like it may be a half ring, also how long did you cook it?
3/4 ring and about 7 minutes. It would have cooked faster but I took the lid off to sneak a peak too soon.

Don't give up. There's a learning curve. I find I get much better results if i use it with a 550° stone than a 700+° stone. Once you get it you'll love it. These are 2 I did this afternoon.

Those look great. I may have to try cooking at a slightly lower temp. Part of the problem is the dough. I have to get the dough recipe down better. I have the stainless steel baking steel which I used on the last cook and I had better results the first time when I didn't have the BS. I think I need to do my coals different as well. I'm not going to give up but it sure was frustrating.

Those look great. I may have to try cooking at a slightly lower temp. Part of the problem is the dough. I have to get the dough recipe down better. I have the stainless steel baking steel which I used on the last cook and I had better results the first time when I didn't have the BS. I think I need to do my coals different as well. I'm not going to give up but it sure was frustrating.

Thanks.

Yeah I've done a lot of experimenting with a fair amount of frustration. What works for me is this dough recipe(I use caputo 00 flour)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLiqUjDf_Ba5kk9-9GmZSghM36KXvISEZR&t=97s&v=1-SJGQ2HLp8

Let it proof under moist paper towel at room temp.

I put my pies on when the stones around 530-550° and when the bottom gets how I want i lift it up for 45 seconds to put the pie up in the dome to finish the top.

I follow the inventors way pretty close except I throw on a couple of mini splits instead of the wood like he used in the video. I'd you haven't yet, order their pizza turning rods. Once the bottom cooks a little you can spin the pie super easy with them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eGkE_5B_Jco

This is just worked for me and I now enjoy this thing immensely. I'm doing more tonight for dinner.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Yeah I've done a lot of experimenting with a fair amount of frustration. What works for me is this dough recipe(I use caputo 00 flour)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLiqUjDf_Ba5kk9-9GmZSghM36KXvISEZR&t=97s&v=1-SJGQ2HLp8

Let it proof under moist paper towel at room temp.

I put my pies on when the stones around 530-550° and when the bottom gets how I want i lift it up for 45 seconds to put the pie up in the dome to finish the top.

I follow the inventors way pretty close except I throw on a couple of mini splits instead of the wood like he used in the video. I'd you haven't yet, order their pizza turning rods. Once the bottom cooks a little you can spin the pie super easy with them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eGkE_5B_Jco

This is just worked for me and I now enjoy this thing immensely. I'm doing more tonight for dinner.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Thanks for the additional information. I have the Pizza Kettle pizza turning sticks so I'm good there. I will just have to play around with it more. Thanks again.

Back