• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Best Barbecue in USA

Of those, I have only been to Black’s. Pretty good, but when we go to the area in a month or so, will be trying Smitty’s or Kreutz’s.

Beautiful evening tonight. Blizzard warning tomorrow

Last edited:
I have been to 10 of them. Always good to try something different. List looks like just one opinion. I'm sure we could all make our own list and they would not be the same.

I've only made it to 17 of these, maybe 18 -- I can't quite remember one, even though I'm sure I went, which probably means it shouldn't have been included. :roll:

Like all lists, there are good and bad and are more for point of reference than anything else. This is nice to see because there are quite a few on it that I've not seen on other lists. For me it is nice to see BT's getting some well-deserved recognition. For many years, they've been in my top three, and I've never seen them mentioned anywhere before. Several others are good, but that's about it. I do see that I need to take a trip to Kansas City. There are a few on here that I think they put on just because they needed something in that state or part of the country. I've definitely had much better Q than what I've had at Central Market, or Fox, could've caught them on off-days though. For some, they could've found a better choice just a few blocks away. Anyway, it is what it is, someone's list, and the pictures look pretty good overall, but not overly representative, at least to me.

I've been to 13. I agree most are fantastic. One is ok, but the atmosphere is really cool. Cattleack might be the best out of all of them. It's the only BBQ joint I've been to (at least 8 times now) that is better each time I go. They are always trying to improve.

Been to eight ( nine if I can count the Dreamland in Birmingham in place of the original n Tuscaloosa).

Embarrassed to admit that I haven't been to the one closest to me (Cattleack).

Sounds like I need to make a KC trip with Gore. We hit two of the Texas ones on the list a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm the weird one here....again. I think I've only been to 12-15 bbq joints in my life. Even before I started cooking there was always somebody in the family making damn good bbq.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back